Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi there,

Website issue (please move to appropriate forum if needed).

I am trying to log-in to my account but every time I get redirected to a "complete registration" page, where, I cannot proceed because when I signed up I only used my initials as my first & last name and this registers as an invalid field. The issue is that those boxes are greyed out so I can't change them, thus cannot proceed and check my orders etc.

I've tried phone (waited for an hour so far, not sure I'll actually get through) and live chat (spent a good hour trying to get through to someone, didn't work). I just want a human to help me here, please.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HI there. I have now solved the issue. I logged directly into HP via my new Omen laptop and changed my name from my initials to my full name there. I then was able to complete registration for the store.

Thanks for the assistance thus far.

Problem resolved, solution is this post.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@GtotheG123 Welcome to HP Community!

Please let us know what error you are getting while registering.

If possible please provide the screenshot.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi there. Thanks for responding. Still no luck with customer services so hopefully you can help me with this.

Below is a screenshot of the issue, I've censored my initials which are entered into the first and last name boxes. As you can see the boxes are greyed out so I cannot change them, nor can I proceed because it says "not a valid entry".

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.

hponlinereg1.jpg

HP Recommended

@GtotheG123

Thank you for posting back.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Do you have a direct email or phone number I can use? That link has a broad number of options and it is difficult to find a number or email, except for post-sales who told me they were unable to help.

I'd like to speak to someone directly who can help me with website issues, not sales or post-sales departments.

Please provide contact details for this.

Much appreciated.

HP Recommended

@GtotheG123

Thank you for posting back. 

I'll be glad to help, in order to bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HI there. I have now solved the issue. I logged directly into HP via my new Omen laptop and changed my name from my initials to my full name there. I then was able to complete registration for the store.

Thanks for the assistance thus far.

Problem resolved, solution is this post.

HP Recommended

@GtotheG123

Thank you for the update.

We are happy to hear that issue is resolved,

In the future, if you have any other concerns. Please get back to us. We will assist you.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.