Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Thanks to Shockwave and Blurey for contributing detailed and valuable information! :cathappy:

To everyone else, i hope you get around by reading the thread and trying! > Else good luck, because are on your own.

--

Cant really help anyone further than to give the advice to Update Bios (if old like F1/F2) then install ONLY the offered AMD Drivers + make sure the Engergy Settings are correct: in the Catalyst Controll Center AND in your windows engergy scheme.

It is very dissapointing to see that there still NO new AMD Video Driver offered from HP. (May 2012 Drivers are offered)

I tried installing NEW ones directly from AMD drivers-online > worked, BUT killed "Engergy-Saving-Mode" + "Hibernation" > caused a sys. crash without fail - couldnt do anything about it except installing the old AMD Drivers offerd by HP.

Just to repeat Shockwave/Blurey/myself.:

! Applications/Games will show the HD 4000 only, but will use the 7650M HD if it is set in Catalyst accordingly. (Higher FPS + better graphics will also prove that - trying a benchmark is also recomended)

HP Recommended

Hello, i have the same computer like Ferrus

HP ProBook 4540s (C5E12ES), 15.6", Core i5-3210M 2x 2.50GHz, 6GB, 750GB, AMD Radeon HD 7650M 2GB(integrated HD 4000)

I tried all solutions to fix this mistake, but without success.

Really it is mission impossible to fix this, and play games in high quality?

I do not understand, in device manager are not errors, but in real life AMD Radeon HD 7650M 2GB is not working?!?!

I dont believe that it will work when i change to high performance...

Maybe somebody there will read my comment and will make some fixed patch for this error.

dmdxdiag displayreitings.jpg

HP Recommended

I have the same problem and when i try to open Catalyst Contron appears me this picture , what is the problem guys? Please help me !

HP Recommended

I think i`ve managed to play games using the AMD 7650m .After using windows 8 for a day I`ve installed windows 7 over 8 because on 7 the laptop was running faster.I`ve downloaded only the hp network drivers.After that i`ve installed the latest hd4000 driver and after that i`ve downloaded AMD Mobility Radeon™ Driver Verification Tool which installed i think only the display driver.After that i`ve set all the settings to maximize performane in power plan using ferrus comment from the first page and also i`ve set in power play all the settings to high performane.I`ve managed to play  nfs most wanted 2012 at high settings with around 20-25 FPS.But i couldn`t play fifa 09 with the amd 7650, so i`ve downloaded the Latest Beta Driver from amd which over 200mb, and the amd mobility radeon driver verification tool downloaded only a 100 mb file.After installing the latest beta driver, i could play fifa 09 with the amd 7650.And also this beta driver has a feature where you can see what applications use the hd4000 or the amd 7650 m. Until now I`ve tested gta4 running between 20-30 fps on medium, Crysis 3 with low/high texture between 25-30 FPS.I hope my post will help those who bought the hp 4540s. My configuration is i5 3230m,6gb ram,AMD7650 graphics card.

HP Recommended

Hey guys,

re : Parsteigums

Our resolved 4540s with functioning 7650 only scores a 6.6 in the windows GFX benchmark.

When you say 'is notworking ?' .. can you give any clues, eg. have you tried installing passmark and checking the score ?

The main issue with the GFX card seems to be it's inability to turn on sometimes, and if it does turn on it's often detected incorrectly as still being the Intel integrated GFX card. 

Benchmarking it and comparing the scores will show whether it's running or not, so please give that a go and reply again (with the scores) if it's still problematic. 

re : Ungureanu

Can you check the version of your drivers through the Device Manager ?

Right click My Computer | DeviceManager | '+' next to display adapters | Right click on the 7650 and select 'Properties' | select the 'Driver' tab.,

Check the date and  version of the driver. 

I only used the driver from the HP website.

Remember that laptop manufacturers often put unique bits of coding into their drivers so quite often installing a driver from the GFX card's support site can give you wierd results.

re : Mihawk

Not sure blue screen from the  catalyst driver would be as a result of the HD 4000 drivers.

These are two seperate cards, with the ATi card only kicking in whenyou run a game.

The Intel driver should be available from the HP site as either a stand alone or as part of the Intel Chipset driver for the motherboard.

Make sure you search for the right laptop model (ie. 4540s) as different laptops have different chipsets.

re : lulian67

Any testing I did was on Windows 7, not windows 8.

The BIOS update should still apply however I'm not sure if the ATi driver I specified will work on a Windows 8 machine.

Ensure you nab the right driver for windows 8.

533 definatley sounds a bit low, but that said the score I got was on the i7 3612 model.

It may well be that the 7650 requires a faster CPU to get better scores since 533 seems way higher then a HD 4000 would normally get.

It could be your system 'is' working, but the i5 isn't giving you enough grunt to push the 7650 to it's limits.

(the 7650 was based on a beefed up 6000 series chipset rather then the 7000, so a radeon 7670 may seem a similar number in comparison but will actually give far greater results then a 7650).

Just a thought guys .. DO NOT let Windows update perform an update to the ATi / Radeon GFX card driver.

I'm pretty sure that'll screw it up.

Only install a HP driver, and to be sure install the driver yourself rather then some 'point,  click and hope' interface.

re : krazysnakes

Feel for ya krazy. 

Bioshock rocks .. you oughta be playing it and loving it.

Can you give us some more info as to what you've done and what results your getting ? 

re : luizJm 

In the BIOS I think the only option you get is called 'Switchable Graphics' under the System Configuration | Device Configuration option. 

Make  sure this is ticked. 

Ok guys, I hope this helps out.

If not post back some more info and we'll see what we can come up with 🙂

HP Recommended
I have a hp 4540s i5,4GB Ram and windows 7 professional 64bit

This is how i managed to work my card:

first i downloaded the driver given by jggghiuf ,here's the link:

http://benchmark3d.com/amd-catalyst-12-6-9-00-beta-june-12-7900-mod

i first uninstalled my previous drivers (ati & intel) using the uninstall option that comes when u launch the ati driver setup given in the above link ^^.i chose express uninstall and then it asked me to restart my laptop and i did.After restart, i again launched the driver setup and chose express install.After install it again asked me to restart and i did.Then without testing any game i went to the energy options and put the required options to "Maximum Performance" as Ferrus told to do.Then i tried launching the Catalyst program and it gave me an error to install microsoft framework 3.5 and i did.the i lauched Prototype 2 to check if it worked and it did work cause the game could run on highest graphics without lagging.I then checked the score in passmark program and it gave me a score of 724!

Yeah!!

I have been trying to make ati card work for more than 2 months and finally i was successful.I tried different version of windows to make it work-XP,Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit & 64bit , Windows 7 Professional 32bit & 64bit , Windows 8 pro 64bit!!!

If my post was helpful please help me by clicking the following links:

" http://Fun4Days.com/sms/sms.php?share=44980 "

" http://Fun4Days.Com/?share=44980 "

Thanx!
HP Recommended

please help ,

what is the final solution for this issue?

HP Recommended

Hey Tame Mousa, go through my post which starts at the top of page three (3) of this forum. 

See if that helps, and reply back with the results if your still having problems. 

Good luck :generic:

HP Recommended

i read your reply in page 3 but my probook is coming with bios version (68IRR F .41) and u wrote to download ver( f4.0)

is that correct or u mean f (0.4)? 

HP Recommended

please reply iam so confused about bios version number and also how can i get this ATI version ? please can u give me a direct link because i can not find anything in hp site

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.