Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I am no expert at all, but please refer back to my earlier posts. That update is NOT installing thru Windows for any of us. It really should instal thru HP Support Assist. Someon elese said it was an update for some wifi button. I went back to my HP Support Assit app and found that it was installed back in October. 

I just ran the windows program someone else gave me to HIDE the one that wont update. 

maybe that will help. Many times updates from Windows and Intel too as I said before ARE NO GOOD. 

toodles and good luck

HP Recommended

Worked for me, I extracted all three files to a new folder on my desktop called "new folder" and then clicked on the first file (the ini extension didn't show) and selected install. and away we went.

HP Recommended

Cool, but the one thing I have learned since owning HP is NEVER FORCE ANYTHING.

glade it worked for you. 

HP Recommended

@takfuji1 wrote:

I had the same error.  Following process will resolve your problem:

1. Make a work folder anywhere you want.

2. Open a explorer and go to the downloaded cab file, then left click it (7e0135c7- blah-blah.cab) to open.

3. You can see three files.  They are what the cab file contain.

4. Copy those three files into the work folder you created.

5. Go to the work folder and RIGHT-CLICK the .inf file.  A small dialog window will pop-up.

6. Left-click "install".

Hope this helps. It worked for me, and the error message is gone.

Tak

Followed your instructions exactly:

Worked for me.

Thank you sooooooo much.

HP Recommended

Enigma6482, a good rule of thumb is to look at the solutions that have the most "thumbs up" first. Those usually have the best outcome. I did that in this case and it worked, although I posted my own recommendation as well. Also, make sure to reboot your computer, after installing the updated driver, before checking for updates.

HP Recommended

OK, I am confused. Where do I find these 3 files. I get copying them somewhere and extracting them, but where in the blazes are the 3 files??  I missed that part somehow.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

DOC

HP Recommended

Here is the link. Select the download that has the identical date of the driver you are looking for

http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=hp+wireless+button

HP Recommended

Enigma,

>1. Work folder? Do you mean just create a regular folder?

Sort of.  A folder which will be used as a working/temporary folder.   You will discard it after installation.

>2. open an exploer? Do you mean internet explorer, chrome, firefox? What is a cab file? 

Explorer is the windows explorer, not INTERNET explorer.  You are dealing with files, not Internet data.

Cab file is the file you have downloaded from http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=hp+wireless+button .   It's dated 10/30/2018 if Win10 1809.   See the extension of the file.

>5. go to the work folder and click .inf? Am I just changing the name of the file? 

No, the small dialog window shows a list.  In which you just choose "install".

Good luck. Tak

HP Recommended

Yes any ol'e folder create a new folder on your desktop and then after the installation delete the files as they are not needed. You will probably find the folder in your downloads, go into the folder and extract the three files at the same time (by selecting all three) and extract to: the new folder on your desktop.

Once done you can delete the the files from your downloads and also desktop.

HP Recommended

This is what I was looking for. For some odd reason I couldn't install the driver from the files downloaded by Windows Update, it just gave me the error "the specified file cannot be found". This coupled with the answer on the 1st page should fix anyone's problem with this particular update.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.