Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion g7-2302
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I'm searching for a new CPU, GPU or APU for my hp pavilion g7.

Primary, i bought an g7-2335sf with Intel Pentium Inside, Intel Graphics HD and 4 Go of RAM, 1 month after, my mom bought an g7-2302sf with AMD A-4300M, Radeon HD Graphics 2500 Mhz with 4 go of Ram. I asked her for change our motherboard, she accepted and i started to change the motherboard. 4 months later i bought 4 Go RAM DDR3 in crucial site. And with that i didn't have an "good" configuration, i've searched my CPU socket but i didn't find it. I'm now asking to you and i hope that i have some help. 

Modèle HP Pavilion g7 Notebook PC

Référence (SKU) du système D2G02EA#ABF

Version 10.0.10586 Numéro 10586

Type PC à base de x64

Version du BIOS/Date Insyde F.27, 12/04/2013

Version du contrôleur embarqué 57.53

Mémoire physique (RAM) installée 8,00 Go

Processeur AMD A4-4300M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 2500 MHz, 2 cœur(s), 2 processeur(s) logique(s)

Thanks for help.

Eric.

Edit : Finded my socket with CPU-Z : FP2 (827) but always in searching for better CPU

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @mirtex,

I hope you enjoy your visit to the HP Support Forums. I understand you questions about upgrades. I will be glad to help you.

This mother board can take many different Processors. You did not say which pentium came with the computer, per spec is intel core I3-3120m. On page 19 and 20 of the Maintenance and Service Guide is a list that will fit the motherboard. the fastest being  Intel Core i7-3632QM (2.2 GHz, SC turbo up to 3.2 GHz, 1600 MHz/6 MB L3 cache, quad core, 35 W) part number 701658-001

The GPU or graphic card it is part of the mother board and not exchangeable. 

You have already upgrade the memory to 8GB, the max.

Let me know how things went and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @mirtex,

I hope you enjoy your visit to the HP Support Forums. I understand you questions about upgrades. I will be glad to help you.

This mother board can take many different Processors. You did not say which pentium came with the computer, per spec is intel core I3-3120m. On page 19 and 20 of the Maintenance and Service Guide is a list that will fit the motherboard. the fastest being  Intel Core i7-3632QM (2.2 GHz, SC turbo up to 3.2 GHz, 1600 MHz/6 MB L3 cache, quad core, 35 W) part number 701658-001

The GPU or graphic card it is part of the mother board and not exchangeable. 

You have already upgrade the memory to 8GB, the max.

Let me know how things went and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Hi @Tardis40,

Thanks for your help, you resolved my principal question but can you help me to find a site where i can buy these processors ? I don't think electrionics shop sell processors 😕

Eric.

HP Recommended

Hi @mirtex,

HP Part Surfer with have the processors.

There are lots of online site that have the processors. eg amazon, Ebay, Frys.

Hope this helps, please get back to me.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi @Tardis40,

Thanks for your help, i've finded my processor and i'm in the way to buy my new processor ! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.