Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I Googled my laptop model and found a driver, downloaded it but as luck would have it, it was in a zip file and I haven't dealt with a zip file in ages.

HP Recommended

To be honest, if you can't handle a zipfile, you shouldn't be messing about with your laptop.

Windows should be able to open any zip file.  Google for more instructions on how to proceed.

HP Recommended

Actually I did open the Zip file in windows I also downloaded WinZip to open it again I tried installing it but nothing.  The Reader just won't connect.

HP Recommended

Try to find the exact hardware version of your fingerprint device, then google for the driver.

These links might help.

http://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c03718240

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02519007

HP Recommended

U help me a lot. Now the fingerprint on my mum's 8440p works fine with Hello. The experience is extremely good.

HP Recommended

I just installed sp74933 'HP Client Security Manager' version 8.3.18.2044 Rev.A(1 Mar 2016) to HP EliteBook 8560w which had Windows 10 with Anniversary Update. Install sp74933 itself went fine without errors. But the major roadblock was that computer didn't re-start anymore, logon screen never appeared - just the spinning wait animation kept on going there.

Returning back to 'System restore point' before 'HP Client Security Manager' failed on error 0x8007lab1.

The computer managed to start on Safe-mode, but there un-installing 'HP Client Security Manager' fails on message 'The Windows Installer service is not accessible in Safe Mode'.

Luckily there was 'Go back to the previous build' still available in Advanced startup, so I could go back To Windows 10 before 'Anniversary update' - and get the computer back running.

Event viewer

System restore failed

HP Recommended

Now got HP 8560W Fingerprint sensor (Validity VFS471) working installing driver from http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds103635 and then going 'Device Manager'-'Update driver'-'Have disk' select folder 'C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynFP\Shared\Drivers\WBF_CMN_DRV' and picked then driver for
'Synaptics FP Sensors (WBF)(PID=0017)'. After this Windows Hello recorgnized fingerprint sensor, could roll my fingers on it and could login to Windows using fingerprint sensor again.

HP Recommended

My working solution for HP ProBook 640 G1 (with Validity Fingerprint Sensor version 495):

1. Go to Device manager. If you've installed some drivers before, uninstall them (right-click the Validity device, Uninstall, and check Also uninstall the driver). Then go to menu, Action -> Search for hardware changes... Wait for a while... if the sensor appears again with some driver installed, it means you have more driver versions installed in your system, and you have to keep uninstalling them, until the device shows undes Unknown devices.
  2. Download the Lenovo driver: http://support.lenovo.com/gr/cs/downloads/ds103635 . Install it. The installer doesn't tell you it succeeded, it just shows a few progressbars and then disappears. That's ok.
  3. Go to Device Manager, right-click the unknown device, Update drivers, Select from PC, Select from List, uncheck "Show compatible drivers", select "Synaptics FP Sensors" in the left and then "Synaptics FP Sensors (WBF) (PID=0017)". Proceed with driver installation.
  4. If the installation succeeded, you should now see device "Synaptics FP Sensors (WBF) (PID=0017)" in the Biometric devices entry in the Device Manager. Right-click the device, Properties, Power management, and uncheck "Allow Windows to poweroff this device to save energy".
  5. Now the sensor should be working and you should be able to setup Windows Hello login using your fingerprint.

This setup doesn't need the installation of any of HP ProtectTools, HP Security Manager, HP Digital Persona or any other kind of HP-provided software for identification. You only need it if you want to setup fingerprint login during boot (not tested).

HP Recommended

I had a similar issue when Windows 10 updated, but when I went to Device Manager, and updated the driver for biometric devices(fingerprint scanner;) and restarted my computer the issue was resolved.

HP Recommended

Hi!

I have closed this thread to help keep the comments timely. If you have more to add, please start a new thread. Click here if you want to learn more about how to start a new conversation/thread.

Please post in a new thread for better exposure. It may also be helpful if you posted a few more details about your computer/printer and your issues.

1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.

If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you!"

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.