Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

OK explorer is stopped. I have plugged in the usb and need to open it somehow in task manager. ms-settingswindowsupdate.     The wait operation timed out.   

HP Recommended

no the top left option in task manager.  File -> Run.  Click Browse.  Locate the File that you put on the USb and select it.  Then click open

Please remember to select the answer
HP Recommended

Ah, we see progress on installing win 10 pro keeping my files. It may take some time but I think it should suceed. I appreciate you being patient with this issue.

HP Recommended

It took 2 update processes to determine what program was causing the problem. I suspected one but it turned out to be classic shell. Appreciate your solution.

HP Recommended

Wait you have Windows 10 Pro?

HP Recommended

Yes, I have Win 10 Pro.

HP Recommended

oo ok.  I thought that you had Windows 10 Home.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.