Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

"I danced with a tambourine" and returned back to Windows 8.1.
And happy - all keys work as expected, as well as transmit a signal to the Smart TV and displays mirakast better, and maps application clearly defines my location. In Windows 10 I do not have 😞

HP Recommended

W 8.1 IDT AUDIO driver was a solution for me. All buttons are working now.  HP should release W10 audio driver to fix this issue as wrong audio driver provided by W10 is a reason of this problem I think.

HP Recommended

Your advice worked! On all our company ProBook 640 G1 laptops. 
I uninstalled the Sound Driver from Device Manager and then installed the Windows 8.1 version of the IDT Audio Driver and after a restart the device is working perfect AND the light is also working on the computer again too.

Good thinking and a good tip there.

HP Recommended

THIS WORKED!

I installed IDT HD Audio driver for Win 8.1 found on this link and now everything works as it should! Mute button changes color, and I can mute/unmute microphone.

Thank you very much good sir!

HP Recommended

@LAST_CZ wrote:

W 8.1 IDT AUDIO driver was a solution for me. All buttons are working now. HP should release W10 audio driver to fix this issue as wrong audio driver provided by W10 is a reason of this problem I think.

Thank you very much! It worked fine.

I don't know why HP has not released compatible audio driver for Win 10 on HP laptop

HP Recommended

hei. Jeg kan ikk efinn emin cd driver på min pc og fungerer ikk. kan derer hjelpe meg?

HP Recommended

1. English please

2. If I concluded good from what Google Translate says, it's something about missing CD drivers, so this is wrong topic.

HP Recommended

Did not work on my ProBook 6550b. Still seeking a solution. It would be helpful if all contributors would include series and model number in their reply so we can assess what may or may not work for each computer.

HP Recommended

Thanks. I installed the audio driver for win7 and all ok. All buttons work fine!

ProBook 430 G1

HP Recommended

IDT  driver is not the solution for me.

I work with a HP probook 440 G3. FIrst I had Windows 8.1 installed and sound buttons were working. 

When I upgraded to W10 the buttons stopped working. I am very disappointed.

Help me pleaseeee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.