Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
pavillion dv9700
Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)

if i wanted to restore this computer, what do i need,, like when it was frist bought but useing windows 7 i know that hp web site does not sell the dics,and restore all the drivers also

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Based on your description, that might be the best plan of attack. Maybe this will help: HP and Compaq PCs - Looking for Recovery Discs?

I hope this helps.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @cpu999-1, and welcome to the HP Forums! 

I would be happy to help you with your HP Pavilion dv9700. I understand you are interested in restoring the computer to factory defaults like when it was new. I suggest talking a look at the following document for helpful information and instructions: HP Notebook PCs - Using System Recovery, Factory Reset and Minimized Image Recovery Options.

If this satisfies your inquiry, please click the Accept as Solution button below. If there is anything else I can help you with please be sure to post back to let me know. 

Cheers! 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I understand how to do it, if there was that in the computer hardrive, but the person I got it  from had it worked on by someone that made it worse, I have it running ok for now, the only thing I cant find are the drivers for the webcam and the microphone, and I want to install w/7 and remove w/v,what do you think about buying a recovery dics kit and doing it that way

HP Recommended

Based on your description, that might be the best plan of attack. Maybe this will help: HP and Compaq PCs - Looking for Recovery Discs?

I hope this helps.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.