Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Switching off hibernate worked for me for a few hours.

If anybody wants to try it, run CMD as administrator (search CMD, when it shows up, right click run as administrator) then run this command C:\Windows\System32\powercfg.exe -H off

The only permanent fix I've found is to roll back Intel MEI to pre-Windows 10 and disabl Windows auto-updating it.

HP Recommended

For those who haven't made it through the related threads, this solution to the sleep/shutdown issue is working for most:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-and-Software/How-to-Resolve-Post-Windows-10-...

HP Recommended

I rang Microsoft about this after HP said on the phone it was not their competence [they did give me the MS number]. Microsoft played with my computer for a bit on remote control, and switched off the Hibernate commands. It's been fine since then. I have a Pavilion 15 Notebook. And absolutely no understanding about why this is all happening.

HP Recommended

I also had the "sleeping" problem with my new HP Envy.  Frustrating as heck!!  Followed the excellent steps in "Mingy's solution", and this morning????  TAH DAH!!!  It worked great!  I'm doing the happy dance today.  Thank you!!!!!

HP Recommended
Erico he didn't 'hijack' the thread, clearly this is not just a single notebook model problem. And it's not an OS update that fixes the issue. The only thing your HP Omen 15 is doing is helping to not find a solution..
HP Recommended

It is now November 6th! I have/had this same problem (actually it would go to sleep and after about 1 hour it would not accept any input until I powered it down) since Sept when I upgraded my HP Pavilion laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. 2 days ago I spent a lot of time talking to HP Support. On Wednesday, Nov 4th, he suggested the solution stated above. It worked great, initially. After 24 hours it reverted back to the old problem - Sleep shutdown the PC, unable to access it until I completely powered it down and restarted it back up. It seemed to correct itself and worked as expected but again, in 24 hours, it shut back down during sleep mode. I have just gone through the powering down and then powering back-up again today. Hopefully, it will at least work for another 24 hours??? The HP Support person was really very helpful, understanding, and patient and I really did think the complete problem was corrected. At least it improved to 24 hours instead of about 1 hour.

HP Recommended

After speaking with HP Support over 2 days, I did get a partial solution - problems went to only occuring about every 24 hours. HP suggestion was to go to Device Mgr; Display Adapters - right click; Intel(R)HD Graphics Family; double-click Update Driver. This seemingly partially corrected  the problem to at least every 24 hours. I also checked HP for current updates and updated any I seemed to be missing. Some days after this, and I think several updates from HP and Windows, the problem seems to have gone away - although sporactily returns once in awhile. Much improved though! 

HP Recommended

A few weeks before, I have already faced Microsoft Windows 10 won’t go into sleep mode issue on my computer and it was the biggest problem for me that time. But somehow I managed to troubleshoot Windows 10 sleep mode problem and now it is working perfectly.

Here's what I have done to Troubleshoot Windows 10 Won’t Go Into Sleep Mode issue and you can do too:

• Click on the Start button and then choose Settings option.
  • Now go to System and then Power & Sleep.
  • Click on the “Additional power settings” option.
  • Click on Change plan settings link.
  • From the Edit Plan settings, click on the Change advanced power settings link.
  • On the Power Options dialog box, expand all the settings and make sure sleep mode is enabled everywhere.
  • Go to Multimedia settings → When sharing media → Allow the computer to sleep.
  • Finally, click OK. That's it.

For more details, follow this guide:

http://www.zerodollartips.com/windows-10-wont-go-into-sleep-mode-fix/

Thanks. I hope it helped you !!

HP Recommended

April 13, 2016:  Windows did a few major updates yesterday, and my computer still won't sleep,

and neither Microsoft techs nor HP techs can get it to do so, either.

I've been to/done all the "steps" and then some, advanced command prompt ones, all to no avail.

I've just given up and now turn my computer off if I know that it's going to be idle for more than an hour

or two.  

If 4 different techs from Microsoft and HP (2 from each) and they STILL can't get the damned thing into

sleep mode, I've thrown in the towel, as I have better things to waste my time on these days ;//

HP Recommended

@Christopher715 wrote:

I've been to/done all the "steps" and then some, advanced command prompt ones, all to no avail.

Did you try following these steps yet?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/How-to-Resolve-Post-Windows-10-U...

If so, I'd give it a shot.

Good luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.