byronigoe
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Battery Health Manager hassle

HP Recommended
Elitebook G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

With the latest BIOS and HP software I am now hassled with the following Battery Health Manager pop-up, with no way to dismiss it permanently.

HP_Battery_Health.png

The only 3 options are: "Remind me later", "Let HP Maximize My Battery Health", and clicking the X (which seems to have the same effect as "Remind me later"). There should be an option for "I know what I'm doing, and please stop bothering me".

1 REPLY 1
jg12k10
1 1 0 1
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There does not seem to be a way to disable this nagging screen. When its active, I get maybe 45 minutes out of my battery vs 2-3 hours when its fully charged with this disabled. There should be a way to completely turn of this nagging screen. If HP is allowing overcharging due to a design problem, and their "fix" is to let me charge a battery to 80% (more like 40% in actual use) and then use it for 45 minutes at a time this isn't a real fix. 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation