Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Elitebook G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

With the latest BIOS and HP software I am now hassled with the following Battery Health Manager pop-up, with no way to dismiss it permanently.

HP_Battery_Health.png

The only 3 options are: "Remind me later", "Let HP Maximize My Battery Health", and clicking the X (which seems to have the same effect as "Remind me later"). There should be an option for "I know what I'm doing, and please stop bothering me".

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

There does not seem to be a way to disable this nagging screen. When its active, I get maybe 45 minutes out of my battery vs 2-3 hours when its fully charged with this disabled. There should be a way to completely turn of this nagging screen. If HP is allowing overcharging due to a design problem, and their "fix" is to let me charge a battery to 80% (more like 40% in actual use) and then use it for 45 minutes at a time this isn't a real fix. 

HP Recommended

The latest version of this nag message now has a "Don't ask me again" option. I clicked it. I hope it works.

Update: It doesn't work.

HP Recommended

Hello @byronigoe 

It is highly recommended that you active this option.

HP Battery Health Manager is a BIOS-level setting available in most HP business notebooks (2016 onwords) that is designed to help optimize battery life by mitigating the exposure of the notebook battery to key factors, such as high state-of-charge, that can accelerate battery swelling and chemical aging over time.
To learn more about the benefits of lithium-ion batteries, how they chemically age, and the factors that can accelerate battery swelling, go to HP Notebook PCs - Lithium-Ion Batteries.
To learn more about battery swelling and what to do if your battery is showing signs of swelling, go to HP Notebook PCs - Swelling or Deformation of Notebook Battery.
Installing HP Battery Health Manager
HP Battery Health Manager is available on all HP business notebooks from 2016 to today

** Here is more information >> https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06465959

>> https://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=4AA7-8410ENW

Hope this helps.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

@IT_WinSec First of all, I live on the road full-time and therefore my laptop is not plugged in all day every day, which is the situation this charge limiter is meant for. Secondly, only charging the battery to 80% is a hack, not a real solution. Thirdly, there should always be a way to stop being reminded. This was an anti-pattern and a negative feature, which HP has implicitly acknowledged with their most recent update that adds the "Do not ask again" option.

HP Recommended

Yes, the latest version allows you disable the nagging window. A much appreciated thank you to that decision.

@IT_WinSec - despite what HP pushes you to do, activating this to "save" the battery is a cheap software kludge for a poor battery or battery charging circuit design. It makes NO SENSE to get a laptop that works for maybe 45 minutes vs HOURS when the battery is fully charged. For folks that actually use a laptop as an actual portable device this needs to be disabled 100%. 

The only issues I've had with batteries swelling is when machines are not used without them being plugged in.  I've had almost zero issues with batteries if the laptop machine is used, charged often, and used both on and off battery regularly. The exception was one rather well known competitor that screwed up their charging circuit and kept over charging the batteries.  

Though if you are someone who leaves your laptop plugged in 24/7 and uses it as a desktop replacement, then it probably makes sense to leave this on if you care about your battery lasting forever.

HP Recommended

This is STILL not solved. The "do not show this message again" option does not actually do anything. The message still pops up once a week after clicking that. Maybe in the next version or two it may actually work like its supposed to. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.