Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15 gaming dk series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

It has been 11 months since I purchased this HP Pavilion gaming dk series laptop.

My wear levels are at a whopping 23%! 

Why do I not have any battery charging limiter like other companies provide in almost all of their laptops?

This is really a very bad thing done from HP's side!

I invested so much into this laptop and I don't have a basic functionality given to me!

It is a request to add this feature ASAP!

Here, my wear levels as seen in HWiNFO64 - 

Liege_Maximo_0-1630135009731.png

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hey people!

Want to hear a joke? This company can't provide this simple basic "battery care function" [ which over here does show it is present for my BIOS - h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06527734 ], and this leads to the user to forcefully change the battery [ for which I have to pay to change given I still have 1.1 years of warranty left ]. This adds to more of environmental pollution due to the batteries and all.

And when I called them, their AI said - ' We are the 2020's most energy-efficient company winner! ' 

IRONY*infinity  

HP Recommended

@Liege_Maximo

Welcome to the HP support community.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The only solution to this is to let HP know that you would like this feature. If you would like to raise awareness, tweet them at @HP and @HPSupport on Twitter. You can also leave a comment about your frustration on this YouTube video of their's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8e9oWso_BE

Believe me, this is the best way to protect your expensive investments.

This video shows how to set up the battery health management feature which can help improve the battery performance and health for HP business computers. Follow the steps in this video to configure the battery health easily. Chapters: 00:00 - Introduction 00:24 - Open the BIOS menu 01:00 - ...
HP Recommended

Do you think it was not discussed before? 

See this - H P 
It has been requested by thousands or maybe more people since before 2019. HP is not doing anything and only providing it to the premium business notebooks,

Read this video's comments - Battery Care Function 

Their WhatsApp support assistant doesn't even know what they are doing, I don't know from where they even picked them!

They made me format my whole windows 10 and then say that "this feature is not supported in your BIOS". They could have just said to try changing the BIOS itself! Formatting windows doesn't do anything to BIOS. Such illiterate support assistants, they even have. 

Also, this is an alt ID I created. Why? Because when I started to raise my voice against HP for this stupidity of theirs, they banned me from this forum itself!

unknown.png

I will never buy anything from this company ever again and will also always recommend everyone to stay away from this so-called "brand". Worst experience ever. 

HP Recommended

You should tweet at them on Twitter. This is unbelievable. I will continue to ask for this feature until I get it.

HP Recommended

Bro, I have lost all hope in this company. I will just use this laptop for say 1-2 years more and then dump it off. 

Even that dead-beat dell has a battery limiter... 

HP Recommended

@iliketech20

Welcome to HP support communtiy.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Can you also arrange a private message from your team for me?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.