Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
DV4-1430us
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I'm in the process up manually updating drivers from a clean install. My version of Bios installed is F.66 on the HP drivers page it has F.66A as the latest version and its not listed in the previous version.

I want to double check if F.66 and F.66A the same?

DV4 1430US
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you!

Version F.66 is the same as F.66a.  The "A" is just not included when you check the BIOS. It is the same update though 🙂

Hit the "Accept as Solution" if we've reached a solution, and the "thumbs up" to say thanks for my help. 🙂
Have a great day:D

Cbert
I work on behalf of HP.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey there @LiquidFox

I would like to start by saying thanks for posting on the HP Forums!

I should be able to provide some help regarding thew BIOS update. In order to check the BIOS update I will need to know what the product number of the computer is and what Windows version you have.

For product number click here: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

For Windows version click here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13443/windows-which-operating-system

Please post back and let me know!

Thanks!

Hit the "Accept as Solution" if we've reached a solution, and the "thumbs up" to say thanks for my help. 🙂

Cbert
I work on behalf of HP.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

W7 home premuim SP1

NU985U#ABA

DV4 1430US
HP Recommended

Thank you!

Version F.66 is the same as F.66a.  The "A" is just not included when you check the BIOS. It is the same update though 🙂

Cbert
I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.