Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 15-df1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Spectre suddenly stopped connecting to my Bluetooth headphones last night, then it insisted my Microsoft mouse was turned off (it wasn't). The on/off switch for Bluetooth disappeared at some point in all this. The settings dialogue insisted Bluetooth entirely was turned off. The troubleshooter claimed I didn't have Bluetooth capabilities.

I searched for solutions, and I did all of the driver updates via MS Update and through the Device Manager, plus manually through uninstalling and downloading over HP's driver page and Intel's. I restarted the Bluetooth Support Service many times.

I at one point booted Bios to see if something was off there. I changed nothing, even logged out with "ignored changes," but for some reason, when I rebooted, Bluetooth was being recognized. However, nothing connects. It just loads forever and says "Try connecting again" whenever I attempt to connect anything. The troubleshooter now returns that it fixed my Bluetooth "radio status" every time I run it, but there's never any fix to the connecting issue.

All over the internet, I see this issue and no actually resolved inquiries. Has HP/Microsoft just let this problem persist? I'm a bit furious, as my return period ended four days ago, I paid hundreds for an HP Care Pack, and now I'm supposed to work from home with a track pad. Granted, COVID-19 isn't HP's fault, but planned obsolescence to this degree is egregious.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@JenJen42 I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.