Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Chrome OS

My new HP 11a-nb0002na Chromebook has stopped printing. Indicates "Can't connect to printer" Settings show that Canon printer is connected via WiFi

Scanning is still working fine.

Please advise. 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Mickey5B, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

To assist you better, what model printer are you using?

Refer to this document to know how to find the Product Name or Product Number.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Canon MG 3650 S/N KKUL7487

HP Recommended

@Mickey5B

Kindly contact the printer manufacturer for assistance as this is not an issue with the Chromebook.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have been in touch with Canon and they have detailed all the printer settings and checks that need to be carried out.

Everything complies with their recommendations.

They conclude that issue must lie with the Chromebook as Asus Chromebox using all the same settings as the Chromebook

is printing satisfactorily.

HP Recommended

@Mickey5B

To clarify, you are not able to print. This is a printing issue, related to the printer.

If you have any issues with HP Chromebook, HP can assist you with it. Or, if you have a HP printer and if you are not able to print, we can assist you.

However, we are not trained on Canon printers.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have now tried to prit to another printer on a different WiFi network with the same results, again all the settings were correct and notifications showed "Printing started" followed by "Printing successfully completed" I am baffled!

HP Recommended

@Mickey5B

If the issue persists,

• I've sent you a private message with further instructions to resolve this issue.
  • In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.