Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
envy dv7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

After upgrading to windows 10, my cursor loading keeps flickering. Also sometimes when using apps like skype for video chat the screen keeps flickering. I have tried everything, no problems detected anywhere. No viruses in the scan were detected.

I would really appreciate it if someone helped me out here.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This happened to me today, and I finally managed to make it stop. For me it was the HP SimplePass; not sure if it's not compatible with 10 or if it was just malfunctioning. I couldn't end it from Task Manager because it would just restart itself. Eventually, I just went into the HP SimplePass program folder, hit ctrl+a, and delete. Some of the files couldn't be deleted since they were running, but as soon as I did this, my cursor stopped blinking...maybe not the most tech savvy way of dealing with it, but it worked.

View solution in original post

88 REPLIES 88
HP Recommended

This happened to me today, and I finally managed to make it stop. For me it was the HP SimplePass; not sure if it's not compatible with 10 or if it was just malfunctioning. I couldn't end it from Task Manager because it would just restart itself. Eventually, I just went into the HP SimplePass program folder, hit ctrl+a, and delete. Some of the files couldn't be deleted since they were running, but as soon as I did this, my cursor stopped blinking...maybe not the most tech savvy way of dealing with it, but it worked.

HP Recommended

This worked like a charm for me too!

HP Recommended

Fixed my blinking cursor, too!  Wish I saw this before the 2 hours I spent with support.  Thank you!

HP Recommended

Simply superb dude.... it's working for me also.

The momemt i delete the files of simple pass ..... flickering..... stops....

Once again thank you very much for your support  :-).

Kishore Tholana.

HP Recommended

I cannot thank you enough for having sorted out a most vexatious problem for me. I tried and retried starting, looked at the mouse options, cursed my decision to upgrade to windows 10 and finally found the solution here. I think the internet is one of the greatest things that has helped mankind and actually it is amazing as to how helpful humans can be.

HP Recommended

Even I was facing this issue since I installed windows 10. Even spent 3-4 hours with Windows 10 support and no luck. Thanks after removing SimplePass at least it is working for now. But I am getting this issue sporadically so not sure if this will come back. But HP should give fix soon.

HP Recommended

how are you guys finding hp simplepass? if i am not finding it does that mean i do not have that in my system and it is a different issue cause it seems identical except i cant locate the file folder. Sry not tech savy please help

HP Recommended

And my thanks too - just went into the simple pass personal settings and unclicked most of the options (left on swipe fingerprint to log in to windows & keep the flashing light on).

Immediately sorted the problem!!

God knows how you figured that out - would never of occured to me in a million years...

HP Recommended

Fleshbar

Open Simple Pass (get cortana to do it) 

click on personal settings (cog icon)

untick "LaunchSite"

then click OK

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.