Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 14-bs0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi i can no longer rely on the battery indicator on my HP laptop 14-bs0xx.

Although the battery still lasts up to 2 hours the indicator can say eg 67% remaining when it shuts down with no warning. When charging it will stop at a random % (eg 73% or 87%). if i unplug the power for a few minutes i can eventually get it up to 95%. When recharging it starts from zero.

I`ve run the battery test & tried the manual battery callibration suggestions...........Anything else i can try?

Many thanks

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hi @DaveDavycoo

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Try re-installing the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery -

1. In the search box, type and open “Device Manager”. 
2. Expand “Batteries”. 
3. Right click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there. 
4. Click on “Uninstall”. 
5. At the prompt put a check in the box to remove the current driver 
6. Shutdown the computer. 
7. Remove the battery for minute and then put it back in. 
8. When the computer comes back up it should automatically find the driver. 
9. Go to Device Manager. 
10. Expand Batteries. 
11. Right click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there. 
12. Click "Search automatically for updated driver software". Repeat the same steps for Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller. 

Also, try updating the BIOS - HP Consumer Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS (Basic Input Output System)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the Reply

I`ve just done the first bit but can`t see Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller listed.

HP Recommended

@DaveDavycoo

It is located under Batteries. Expand the Batteries option. Here's a screenshot - 

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I`ve done that one it`s the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller i can`t find

HP Recommended

Thanks @DaveDavycoo

No worries. 

Please try restarting the computer and update the BIOS. 

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you again. Should i install all updates? Important, recommended & optional? If so do i do them all in one go?

HP Recommended

@DaveDavycoo

Yes, install all the updates and you may select all the updates for installation in one go. 

Thanks!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you

All updated now. I`ll let you know if it makes any difference.

Can you recommend where to get a replacement JC04 battery from when the time comes?

HP Recommended

@DaveDavycoo

For a replacement battery, please reach out to the HP Shopping Team in your region.

Thanks!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.