Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0024nm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Win.PNGHello everyone,

Hope that you can help me regarding the issue which i have recently discovered on my HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0024nm laptop. 

The issue is that my device is using only 13.9 GB of RAM instead of 16 GBs. I assume that those 2.1 GBs of ram are used by integrated RX Vega 10 iGPU, but cannot tell for sure... However, i would like to completely disable the RX Vega GPU if that is possible... and use only the dedicated GPU - GeForce 1660TI, anyone have any idea how to do that?

I have tried disabling RX Vega from device manager , but with no luck...

Also, BIOS is updated to latest version F.02 Rev. And I could not find any option in BIOS in order to disable iGPU.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@eLpRoducente wrote:
....I just want to have available whole 16 GB of RAM and to use only the dedicated GPU, ...

@eLpRoducente 

No, under Windows you won't get full 16GB. Full stop. System will always reserve RAM for hardware at boot time.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@eLpRoducente wrote:

... The issue is that my device is using only 13.9 GB of RAM instead of 16 GBs. I assume that those 2.1 GBs of ram are used by integrated RX Vega 10 iGPU,

@eLpRoducente 

That is almost right. Your machine has 16GB therefore it has a lot of spare RAM and it assigns/allocates spare system RAM to VRAM and other hardware address spaces.

System will work this out and decrease VRAM  for iGPU automatically when required. Please try

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJeOkWlb8ig

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@Banhien

Thanks for the prompt reply and suggestion!

I've checked the YT video which you have posted and I've already tried to disable the iGPU from device manager...  but still I am not getting those 2.1 GB of usable RAM and i am still stuck on 13.9 GB. Also, in the video is suggested that iGPU can also be disabled from BIOS, however i don`t have that option on my laptop.

I just want to have available whole 16 GB of RAM and to use only the dedicated GPU, not sure if that is possible?

Best regards.

HP Recommended

@eLpRoducente wrote:
....I just want to have available whole 16 GB of RAM and to use only the dedicated GPU, ...

@eLpRoducente 

No, under Windows you won't get full 16GB. Full stop. System will always reserve RAM for hardware at boot time.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

@Banhien
Alrighty, thank you.

Regards.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.