Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion X360 PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone,

So, yesterday I started up my computer and the fan was running unusually high and then shut off immediately.  I plugged my charger into my notebook and then started it up only to find the Primary (internal) Battery (601) message popping up.  This laptop is just over a year old so I searched up on HP forums and found the fix where you uninstall the 'ACPI - Compliant Control Method Battery', turn off your laptop, unplug the charger and charge it into a wall outlet, and then starting up your computer.  I repeated that process twice and then my battery worked again.  I ran a diagnostic test and it showed that my battery was still at 90% capacity.  All seemed well so I went to sleep, only to find that the same problem occured when I woke up and tried to turn on my computer - wouldn't start, alert message, uninstalled the driver twice and then it finally worked, and my battery is holding its charge now.  

Does anyone have any suggestions or input that might be helpful?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Nick_AL93

Thank you for posting back.

I recommend you to contact phone support to further diagnose the issue.

Follow below steps to contact phone support.

Step 1. Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello@Nick_AL93,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I have read your post and understand that you are getting “Battery alert – 601” message. I will definitely help you.

I would like to share a link which is more relevant about the error you have on the battery on your PC.

http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01443470

Hope that answers your question. Let me know for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hi, 

Thank you for the response.  I have tried the following steps you have provided and I have done more research.  My laptop still gives me the same message 'Error 601' but when I run a battery diagnostic it says that my battery can still hold 90 percent of the charge as it is only one year old.  Also, right now my battery is showing that it is at 100% and only 8 minutes remain on the charge.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello @Nick_AL93,

I recommend you to follow the steps in the below link and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2dKL1HT

Let me know how it works and you have a good day ahead.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello again,

After trying all the suggested recommendations I still have not resolved my issue.  I have however, tried the F2 startup menu numerous times to run a battery diagnostic and it tells me that the battery is fine one time, then it is very weak the next time.  I have attatched three pictures to show you what I mean as well as a test log.  The first photo tells me that the battery is very weak, the second shows me that it passes, and the third photo is a test log to show the inconsistencies in tests.   I think these photos will show you / give you a better idea of what is going on.

Thanks,

Nick

Test Two - WEAK.JPG

Test One - PASS.JPGTest Log.JPG

HP Recommended

Hi @Nick_AL93

I recommend you to contact phone support to further diagnose the issue.

Follow below steps to contact phone support.

Step 1. Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.