Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ap0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

As you can see in the photo below, whenever I open up HP Pen Control this message appears. I've tried downloading the other HP Pen controls for the older Spectre models but those do not register the changes.

I am using the new Spectre x360 - 13 inch model ap0XXX, on my older spectre x360 this was not a problem.

I am able to use the pen as is, with the default presets (Top=Right click/select, Bottom=Erase) but I cannot change what the buttons do as the error shows up. I've talked with HP support but they don't seem to have an answer.

Just wondering if anyone else has the same problem and if anyone knows how to solve this problem.{BE22E988-369B-4ECB-8BFA-FDA8B29B170F}.png.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@Wongbloom

Welcome to HP Support Community

I suggest you update the BIOS and Touchscreen drivers. Please download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Please refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04706945

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a great weekend 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

@KrazyToad 

It still shows the error message and everything is up to date

HP Recommended

@Wongbloom

At this Point I suggest you contact HP Support and get the HP Pen replaced

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Is there a fix for this yet? I also have the same issue.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem, do I need to contact hp and get my pen replaced?

HP Recommended

Hi @W3nd1H

If you have already tried the above steps, I'd suggest you reach out to the HP Support in your region, they should be able to help. 

Thanks!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have downloaded HP Support Assistant and run it, and the problem is never solved.  the error 2nd error message remains hanging on Screen after the 1st error message is closed.   What is the problem???

HP Recommended

Hi @Skyey1

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the pen error. 

To better assist you - 

1) What's the exact model name of the computer and the pen that you are using with it?

2) What's the error message? 

Let me know. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, I actually have a HP Envy x360. WHen open up the app HP Pen Control it says the hp pen control app is not compatible with my laptop which DOES NOT make sense the laptop came with a pen. 

My hp Envy's 

Serial Number : [edited]

Product Number : 5RG24PA#UUF

my pen's

HP P/N: 905512-002

Help! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.