Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

When I executed Revo Unstaller, it produces a very large tree of files to be removed.  Since Support Assistant is a part of Support Framework, I was concerned that some files necessary to Framework would be deleted, and I did not complete the process.  You are correct that the program may not exist on the laptop.  Other than the blue circle question mark on the taskbar and an entry in the Windows Uninstall program list, I can find no other files/references to Support Assistant.  Attempting to uninstall it from Windows or trying to reinstall from the link produces the same result;  the uninstall in both cases needs the .msi file to work.

If I let Revo delete all the files that it lists, what possible consequences would that have on the operating system?

HP Recommended

@Larry1895,

It should not affect the other Windows file. I recommend you use Revo uninstaller and remove all the associated file and check.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Revo Uninstaller appears to have completely removed Support Assistant.  THANK YOU.  I am just waiting for your support site to come back online to download the latest version.  

Thanks again - mucho.

HP Recommended

@Larry1895

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that!

You can download the latest version of HP support assistant from the below link.

https://www8.hp.com/in/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_in/en/any/psg/p...

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.