Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion laptop 15-cs0015na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cannot sign into into HP Support Assistant. Every time I try, I get the message  'Login failed. Wrong User ID or password or the service is unavailable'.  I'm definitely using the correct User ID and password as I can use them to sign into HP Support Assistant on my HP desktop. Can anyone confirm whether there is a problem with the service? (I have tried completely removing and reinstalling HP Support Assistant several times but to no avail).

HP Support Assistant.jpg  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@KrazyToad wrote:

Thanks for keeping us posted

Let us know how it goes 😊

BullGuard gave me a whole list of things to try. Luckily, the very first one resolved the issue. 

I unchecked the "Allow BullGuard to protect its components against termination" option (see screenshot) and rebooted. After doing so, HP Support Assistant worked without a problem. I rechecked the box and rebooted as I was unsure whether it was safe to leave the box unchecked. However, after i re-enabled this option, HP Support Assistant continued to work without a problem. I’m not sure how or why but doing this seems to have fixed the issue!

20201126_212728.jpg

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@gav_hay1 Here's a related post that offers a solution to your concern: click here to view

If the issue persists, consider creating a new user account and check if that works instead:

1. Sign in to an administrator account, and then make sure the computer is connected to the Internet.

2. In Windows, search for and open Manage your account. You can also click Start , select Settings , and then select Accounts.

Selecting Accounts on the Windows Settings home screen

3. On the Accounts window, select Family & other users, and then click Add someone else to this PC.

Selecting Add someone else to this PC

4. On the How will this person sign in? screen, choose an option depending on whether you have the sign-in information for the new account.

• If you have the sign-in information: Type the email address or phone number of the person for whom the new account is being set up, and then click Next. Click Finish. The new account is created.

• If you do not have the sign-in information: Click I don't have this person's sign-in information, and then continue with these steps.

Selecting how the person signs in to the computer

5. Type an existing email address or create a new one, type a password, select your country or region, select your birth date information, and then click Next to create a new Microsoft account (MSA).

NOTE: 

If you do not wish to create a new MSA, select Add a user without a Microsoft account, and then create a user name and password for a new local account.

Typing the email address of the person you want to add, or create a new MSA account

6. Type the user name of the person for whom the new account is being set up. Type a password in the Enter password field, then type it again in the Re-enter password field. Next, choose a security question from the Security question 1 field and type your answer in the Your answer field. Do this again for the two remaining security questions. Click Next. The new account is created.

Create an account for this PC

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, none of the suggested solutions (including creating a new user account) have worked. I have uninstalled and reinstalled HPSA countless times but it has not helped. Very occasionally, I am able to log in and run updates but without warning, HPSA will log me out and then I am no longer able to log in. If I try to run updates without being logged in, the process fails after the first stage (see attached image).

I am using version 8.8.34.31

I would be grateful for further thoughts on how to resolve this issue.

HP Support Assistant 2.jpgHP Support Assistant 3.jpg

HP Recommended

I suggest you perform a Reset and then try reinstalling the HPSA

Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

Keep me posted 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

@KrazyToad wrote:

I suggest you perform a Reset and then try reinstalling the HPSA

Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

Keep me posted 

Having reset my laptop, I reinstalled my programs and apps one by one to see if any of them were causing this problem.  I've managed to trace the problem to BullGuard Internet Security. Until I reinstalled BullGuard, HP Support Assistant worked without a problem. As soon as BullGuard is installed, the problem returns. I have contacted BullGuard to see if they can offer a solution.

HP Recommended

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

@KrazyToad wrote:

BullGuard gave me a whole list of things to try. Luckily, the very first one resolved the issue. 

I unchecked the "Allow BullGuard to protect its components against termination" option (see screenshot) and rebooted. After doing so, HP Support Assistant worked without a problem. I rechecked the box and rebooted as I was unsure whether it was safe to leave the box unchecked. However, after i re-enabled this option, HP Support Assistant continued to work without a problem. I’m not sure how or why but doing this seems to have fixed the issue!

20201126_212728.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.