Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Still the same broken version on the MS Store. The TLDR version is the new store app WILL work, once you've jumped through the hoops of uninstalling and then reinstalling the app. The app will then update itself by manually checking for updates in the MS Store, or waiting for the store to do it automatically. The problem is the updated store version stops working with the error I posted above after you have restarted your computer. The version from the HPSA however website WILL survive system restarts, but at some point it will auto update to the borked version and won't work after you restart your device.

I suspect a lot of people out there won't even realise it's broken because they simply never open the HPSA app. They only open it when an exclamation mark appears on the taskbar icon indicating an update or message is available. The app won't even be able to check for updates after it's borked itself on a system restart, so no explanation marks or alerts.

For now the only workaround is to uninstall the broken version, and then reinstall the version from the HPSA website whenever you do a system restart (assuming the Store has updated HPSA in the mean time). You'll be able to use it OK until it updates AND the update is followed by a system restart. Trying to disable MS store apps from updating is usually a losing battle. 

HP Recommended

I have tried uninstall HPSA version 9.6.838.0 then download official version from HPSA website (version 9.6.714.0), then install it. The app refuse to install, stated that newer version is installed on the systemm in fact, I have un8nstalled it. So bad. How can I completely uninstall HPSA. There is no HP services support frameworks installed on my system

Advise please

HP Recommended

Will post if and when it starts to work again!

HP Recommended

Thank you for posting. Cheers and hope this **bleep** is being solved and HP must have way to inform users about this mess. Contact HP support and it seems that they don’t know anything

HP Recommended

Sanchai that's disappointing re HP Support saying they have no idea. I've provided feedback with very clear instructions on how to reproduce the error on the store version on both the MS Store, in the survey you get directed to when uninstalling (which I've completed several times now), and obviously here on the HP 'support' forum. Clearly they read none of them.  It's still borked btw. I will post back if ever resolved.

HP Recommended

Here another one with the same problem.

HP Recommended

Microsoft store version has just updated and the app is now working - appear to have lost my drivers update list though!

On the plus side it is no longer throwing the error.

HP Recommended

All, the MS Store version of the HPSA app has updated from the borked version to 9.6.838.0 to a new version 9.6.839.0. It appears to have fixed the issue. I have just restarted my laptop to test and it actually loads properly without the error! Go ahead and open the MS Store and run a check for updates. You should get one for the HPSA if you still have it installed, unless it's auto-updated already.

If you've uninstalled the app, install the version from the HPSA website (sp 108770.exe) and once fully installed, run a check for updates in the MS Store. If you're running a lower version you should get updated to the shiny new one that works. Make sure your settings are preserved in regards to privacy and how you'd like HPSA to check/install software and driver updates.

HP Recommended

Ah Roguck we were typing at the same time! Yours is the TL,DR read version.

(I'm not known for short and to the point, lol)

HP Recommended

I've tried this its still telling me that i have a newer version installed when i try to redownload from the HP website

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.