Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 830 G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

As of today, the HP Sure Click secure browsing extension in Firefox causes websites to break. Whenever the extension is turned on, the text on some websites (such as Linkedin) turns white (i.e. is unreadable). Manually turning off the extension temporarily fixes the problem, but the extension is automatically turned on again whenever I restart Firefox.

I have already reset everything in Firefox. In this case HP Sure Click appears to be the culprit.

Does anyone know either how to resolve the white text issue, or how to permanently disable Sure Click in Firefox?

Thank you,

Imro

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi Imro,

One of my clients had similar issues with the Firefox Extention of Sure Click being persistent on being there even after manual removal of the extension files. I had to completely remove HP Wolf Security and Security Manager to be able to get rid of it.

HP Recommended

Thanks. I have been in contact with HP support in the past few weeks and they have managed to reproduce this issue. We also found out that it is an issue within HP Wolf Security. For now the only real solution is indeed to remove HP Wolf Security, but I have been told that this bug is now known within HP and should be resolved in one of the future HP Wolf Security versions.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.