Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN-15-dh1009nq
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

I keep getting HP System Event Utility install pop-up when I start my laptop. I click install but nothing happens. I tried installing it from web, but I still get that pop-up. What can I do in this situation, my OMEN key isn't working also, but I don't know what it's supposed to do anyway.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I had someone have this issue recently. Did you try uninstalling the utility first, then reinstalling the app?

Press Ctrl/Alt/Del and choose Task Manager. Select the Startup tab.

Disable the Omen Gaming Hub from starting with Windows.

Type HP System Event Utility in Windows Search bar and when the option to choose it appears at the top, choose to uninstall it.

Reboot.

Reinstall it with this link... Get HP System Event Utility - Microsoft Store 

Now run the Game Hub from the Start menu and see if the error pops up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer, would be to see if installing the system event utility software from the link below works for you.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp91501-92000/sp91504.exe

HP Recommended

This didn't solve my problem,  though it appears that I have HP System Event Utility installed on my laptop. Another question would be, what the OMEN key does anyway?

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, that I do not know.

This person seems to indicate the Hub worked fine before that file solved his problem.

Solved: Re: OMEN Gaming Hub telling me to install HP System Event Ut... - HP Support Community - 794...

HP Recommended

I had someone have this issue recently. Did you try uninstalling the utility first, then reinstalling the app?

Press Ctrl/Alt/Del and choose Task Manager. Select the Startup tab.

Disable the Omen Gaming Hub from starting with Windows.

Type HP System Event Utility in Windows Search bar and when the option to choose it appears at the top, choose to uninstall it.

Reboot.

Reinstall it with this link... Get HP System Event Utility - Microsoft Store 

Now run the Game Hub from the Start menu and see if the error pops up.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.