Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

After some time trying various things with Intune, I have not been able to identify a way to push uninstallation of all HP bloatware software including HP Wolf Security, without user's interruption.

So I've taken a batch file from https://www.slashadmin.co.uk/hp-bloatware-removal-tool/

and amended it with the new products. In addition to the PowerShell script to remove UCW apps (at the bottom of the comment), it does its job pretty well, and takes around 10 minutes to remove everything.

If someone can find a way to push both of these to the computers where user do not have admin rights, that would be grateful.

START /WAIT /MIN WMIC product where name="HP Sure Click Application Support for Windows" call uninstall /nointeractive
START /WAIT /MIN WMIC product where name="HP Sure Click" call uninstall /nointeractive
START /WAIT /MIN WMIC product where Name="HP Wolf Security Application Support for Sure Sense" call uninstall /nointeractive
START /WAIT /MIN WMIC product where name="HP Sure Run" call uninstall /nointeractive
START /WAIT /MIN WMIC product where name="HP Sure Recover" call uninstall /nointeractive
START /WAIT /MIN WMIC product where name="HP JumpStart Launch" call uninstall /nointeractive
START /WAIT /MIN WMIC product where name="HP JumpStart Bridge" call uninstall /nointeractive
START /WAIT /MIN WMIC product where name="HP Customer Experience Enhancements" call uninstall /nointeractive
START /WAIT /MIN WMIC product where name="HP ESU for Microsoft Windows 10" call uninstall /nointeractive
START /WAIT /MIN WMIC product where Name="HP Support Solutions Framework" call uninstall /nointeractive
START /WAIT /MIN WMIC product where Name="HP Wolf Security Application Support for Windows" call uninstall /nointeractive
START /WAIT /MIN WMIC product where Name="HP Wolf Security" call uninstall /nointeractive
START /WAIT /MIN WMIC product where Name="HP Notifications" call uninstall /nointeractive
START /WAIT /MIN WMIC product where name="HP Client Security Manager" call uninstall /nointeractive
START /WAIT /MIN WMIC product where Name="HP Connection Manager" call uninstall /nointeractive

:: HP Wolf Security
start /wait msiexec /qn /norestart /x {2F0D4FB0-ADA6-11EB-8ED8-3863BB3CB5AC}

:: HP Wolf Security Application Support for Windows
start /wait msiexec /qn /norestart /x {EF61C4DE-F64F-409E-BBC4-1F8CCDFE63CA}

:: HP Wolf Security Application Support for Sure Sense
start /wait msiexec /qn /norestart /x {F108301C-B188-4DDA-ADC0-BB5653D2ED2C}

:: HP Sure Recover
start /wait msiexec /qn /norestart /x {EBF9A3F5-C495-4A8D-91BF-7C23C67F72D0}

:: HP Sure Run
start /wait msiexec /qn /norestart /x {E84148C6-6E8D-40C5-832D-68EB369ACDE1}

and in PowerShell:

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers AD2F1837.HPJumpstarts | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers AD2F1837.HPPCHardwareDiagnosticsWindows | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers AD2F1837.HPPowerManager | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers AD2F1837.HPPrivacySettings | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers AD2F1837.HPProgrammableKey | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers AD2F1837.HPSupportAssistant | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers AD2F1837.HPSystemInformation | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers AD2F1837.HPJumpstart | Remove-AppxPackage

*Note that if a user has already been logged in to the system, Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers .... will not remove package for the current user, so you should run in the user's sessions aforementioned cmdlets without "-AllUsers".

HP Recommended

Hi Rynoski,

We don't have SCCM but from what I heard SCCM uses script to action those task like uninstalling a software. If you don't mind, are you able to share the script with us? I was thinking to use Intune to push the script to affected users machine. TIA. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

For my part, i took my inspiration from several topics and implemented the following script via Computer GPO (mandatory to run it as administrator and launched at startup) :

$hpguids = get-wmiobject -class win32_product | Where-Object {$_.Name -like "hp*security*"}| Where-Object {$_.Name -notmatch "client security manager"}
foreach($guid in $hpguids){
$id = $guid.IdentifyingNumber
write-host ""$guid.Name" is being removed."
&cmd /c "msiexec /uninstall $($id) /qn /norestart"
}

# UNINSTALL APPLICATIONS
$programs = @('HP Sure Click','HP Security Update Service','HP Wolf Security')
foreach($program in $programs){
if($app = Get-WmiObject Win32_Product -Filter "Name='$program'"){
$app.Uninstall()
}
}

First part of the script is for computers that have already been updated to Wolf Security and the other one for those that still are at Sure click stage.

It works fine for computers connected to LAN, you just login as standard user and it takes something like 10 minutes to remove unwanted apps. However for remote users (i mean those who use VPN connections) it is less efficient and i resume with manual removing but of course it takes ages.

Best regards,

Jérôme

HP Recommended

Same issues on our Tablets. HP Wolf Security is causing a lot of execution issues. I uninstalled the application and I too uninstalled HP Back PartnerIdeally this application will not be pushed once more.

Myloweslife

HP Recommended

I have instructed our outsourced IT service provider to set up a system policy that removes the following unnecessary HP bloatware from user laptops as Sophos does the deal on protecting our HW/SW.

HP Client Security Manager

HP Security Update Service

HP Sure Recover

HP Sure Run

HP Sure Sense Installer

HP Support Assistant

HP Wolf

We are increasingly using MS Surface Book 3 devices now instead of HP laptops, a much more versatile device that can be used as a laptop or tablet complete with MS Pen, and devoid of any unnecessary HP clogging apps, but a tad more expensive as we need the high end spec to run Autodesk Revit and other high end graphics and CAD apps. If you haven't used a Surface Book 3, get one!

HP Recommended

I have also found that with Wolf security and Avast, Wolf security causes the start button and search fields to become unusable. Having an unknown software install itself from the manufacturer is a big security nightmare too, i am going to have to turn off all automatic updates now from HP.

HP Recommended

Just to add to what already many have stated. We too are also having this issue conflicting with sophos. It's caused massive unnecessary disruption and shocking that HP has forced this on business PC's, to top it off we removed it and the blasted thing came back!!! 

We are currently working on an intune script to remove everything to stop this conflict, which we are testing now before we role out to all our users. Absolute nightmare. 

HP Recommended

Hi Homebuildersfed,

If you can post that script once you succeeded, that would be great.

HP Recommended

Below KB should help if you're using Sophos Intercept X Endpoint.

https://support.hp.com/lt-en/document/ish_4025840-4025768-16

If you still have issues, please open a case with HP Support mentioning that you have tried the above.

Thanks

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

OR

you could just leave your Sophos alone and UNINSTALL the crappier less useful Wolf mess - which by the way - is far easier than that mess of a article you just posted. 

OH AND BY THE WAY HP --  this is happening on machines WITHOUT SOPHOS too - just so you know 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.