Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Rynoski - Having read the KB my guess is that the common items being called would be used by multiple security products and likely to be an issue with out but that is just MHO.

HP Recommended

Hi 2WTL,

The interesting question is why HP pushes a security product, if there is another product already been installed on a computer?

I remember days when programmers used to think about compatibility and were checking for a similar products, at least well known and prevented installation if that might cause issues.

It looks like that having that large amount of real-time testers instead of proper QA is the new reality nowadays.

HP Recommended

Hi DimAga,

I would like to clarify that when a standard ('HP Premier image') HP commercial notebook or desktop is shipped, it already comes preinstalled with Wolf Security (or with earlier versions of HP Sure Sense on older models) and other value-added applications as mentioned in http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06250104

I think everything was 'working' even when a 3rd party AV such as Sophos Intercept X Endpoint was installed.

It was probably when a newer version of Wolf Security/Sure Sense got updated to v4.3 that the performance issues were seen.

I've since been advised that customers will no longer face the issue detailed in the KB article because HP has already pushed out a fix that will apply OTA to all Wolf Security for business and Pro Security Edition installs.

As mentioned in the above HP Corporate-Ready Whitepaper, if the HP value-added applications such as HP Sure Sense are not required because customer chose to use their own security product, an HP Corporate-Ready image can be ordered (for enterprise customers). Alternatively, on HP ProBook 600 G8, EliteBook 800 G8, EliteBook 1000 G8 & ZBook G8 series, HP Sure Recover Gen4 can be used to recover/re-image a shipped HP Premier image to an HP Corporate-Ready image. See https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/4AA7-4556ENW.pdf

Hope this helps.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Can you provide info as to where to acquire this corporate image for enterprise customers? 

HP Recommended
Please contact your HP Account manager to include the Corporate Ready image when purchasing CTO (Configure To Order) units. If you already have one of the latest G8 series as I mentioned in the earlier post, you can recover to the Corporate Ready image using F11 at POST via 'Network' recover option.
I am an HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.