Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion X360 x083no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

It is two days (I have installed Windows 10 about a year ago) that I get an error message at startup.

This App can't run on this PC

HP accelerometer

HP accelerometer doesn't work on this version of Windows. An updated app may be available.

Could someone please help me out?

Thanks 

Arianna

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Open windows Control Panel, open Programs and Features, right click the entry for HP 3D DriveGuard and select Uninstall.

When this has completed, restart the notebook.

When windows has reloaded, download and install the version of HP 3D DriveGuard on the following link.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp62501-63000/sp62981.exe

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

115 REPLIES 115
HP Recommended

Hi,

Open windows Control Panel, open Programs and Features, right click the entry for HP 3D DriveGuard and select Uninstall.

When this has completed, restart the notebook.

When windows has reloaded, download and install the version of HP 3D DriveGuard on the following link.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp62501-63000/sp62981.exe

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

thanks!

HP Recommended

You're welcome :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

I had exactly the same problem (after last W10 OS update 2 days ago) and could fix it with your solution. Thank you!

HP Recommended

Thanks David.  Nipped that nagging problem in the bud.:smileyvery-happy:

HP Recommended

I was on a roll until error message: "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. The can occur if the Win Installer is not correctly installed."

So my Installer is not correctly installed? LOL

Perhaps I need another installer to install it.

This last windows 10 update is a real nice one! Not sure how less tech savy people even turn on a computer these days let alone run one for a while. Geez.

Can't get my HP 3D DriveGaurd off my computer to put the later version on. Anybody got a good fix?

God bless ya for it, in advance!!!

HP Recommended

Okay, looks like you HAVE TO CLOSE THE ORIGINAL ERROR WINDOW before you can uninstall it.

Once I did that and then uninstalled the HP 3D DriveGaurd it did indeed uninstall.

Had some trouble getting the new one in and going but yes, that did the trick.

Hours of head scratching all because of a simple Win10 Operating System update?

Thanks for your postings here!

HP Recommended

Hi

Thanks for that, it worked a treat with easy to follow instructions

Cheers

Jan-O

HP Recommended

Windows 10 rejected my accelerometer as incompatible, so I followed your suggestion and disinstalled HP 3D DriveGuard  and then downloaded and installed the new HP 3D DriveGuard.  It all went ok in disinstalling and new installing and the little incompatible window does not come up anymore.  But when I went in to check to see the new installation in my programs, I could not find any HP 3D DriveGuard installed.  Is it under another name?  I definitely did install a program from the link you gave me.  

Thanks for your help.

Lucy Bender  L16

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.