Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Didn't worked in my elitebook 8470p...

HP Recommended

It worked in my elitebook 8470p, but I had to install the driver manualy after setup... (sorry for my english...).

Driver version - 6.0.22.1

HP Recommended

No error message on startup!

Looks good so far!

WOuld you be so kind to help me with missing taskbar icon? Tryed with several restarts, no result.

HP Recommended

So..... It doesn't work for me.

Well, to be clear it "does" partially, but it FREEZES the TASK BAR.

I can't click on Start, Notifications, Cortana.... though I can click the Folder still.

It doesn't do it "every" restart of the computer, but most.

I've installed the update over the current one, I've uninstalled and installed the recommended, and then updated, as well as tried to manually update, but still getting this bug.  BTW the manual update won't work, it's telling me I have the latest driver.

Also in Mobility Center it's greyed out like the other guy shows in screenshots on a previous page.

BTW, looking at all the above downloads and they all show as 4/2017 or 5/2017.... so they are OLD Drivers.

I don't think these are actually updated drivers?

HP Recommended

UPDATE....

So, the things that first brought me here is my HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cc050wm when I had a USB device plugged in either a mouse or external hard drive my keyboard would just stop working occasionally, and then finally I would get a "No Boot Device" on Startup.  Turns out to fix this I had to "re-enable" Legacy support in BIOS, but this was only temporary, it would still generally do the No Boot Device message.  Realized it was the USB devices, so unplugged those and could get into my OS.

I then had to go to the HP Support Center and saw that there were two BIOS updates.... did those, and then I went on to the below stuff....

(P.S.  The update center for my computer said there were two BIOS updates, so I updated them, but when I came back later to do the below stuff, the second update was gone, so hope you all did mess up my puter).

Also*** Why is our HP Support Assistant NOT showing the MANY updates the Support Center says we have???

Okay, so I uninstalled the App/Program that's the Accelerometer program due to depending on what I did either getting the Compatibility popup doing nothing or trying to upgrade with the above files and them causing most of the Taskbar elements to be frozen/not clickable.

I then discovered I had MORE Microsoft updates to do after taking 16 hours or something to update the computer (lord you all need to not put "Hard Drives" on these things anymore.  So, spent another few hours updating that....

I then went to the HP support center and updated all the Drivers and software that needed updating..... again, why did the Support Assistant not tell me there were all these updates?

So, here we are today.....

I noticed looking in the HP Support Assistant that it says "Accelerometer" is ON.....

Well, looking in the Installed Apps and in the Windows Mobility Center, the "program" is not installed, but looking in Device Manager, and apparently, the DRIVER IS Installed???

So, is Accelerometer actually working, I just don't have the associated program installed?

Also, so far, I'm using my mouse and no Keyboard stopping working or No Boot Drive issues on startup.

I think the BIOS updates fixed my issue thank heavens, I had actually called to send the computer in, but I decided to check things before I actually put it in the box, turns out I fixed the problem myself, and it started with Youtube and thank goodness your bios update.  Though, jury is still out, need a few days to be 100% sure the problems are fixed.

HP Recommended

Why is this marked as solved when it is obviously not?
I myself have the same problem on a Elitebook 2170p

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.