Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@MomPlaysBass wrote:

I installed the update yesterday, have rebooted twice since then, and the message is gone.

I'd mark this as the solution, but I'm not quite sure how to do that.

Hello!

I tried this solution too, I downloaded and run the update. Nothing happened. Literally. Anyway, i restarted and then i saw there is no more any HP Driveguard in the app management.

Also, i noticed in Device Manager, that my Accelerometer driver version is still 6.0.22.1

I guess I did something wrong...

The message was gone since I tried the workaround to uninstall HP Driveguard.

Maybe for my laptop (Pavilion Gaming ak112nl) the driver version is the correct one. Or maybe i should install a previous version of HP Driveguard and then use the new version.

Please let me know, thanks.

Cheers!

HP Recommended

@MomPlaysBass wrote:

@Alphen wrote:

I did hope this would solve the problem (very annoying message each time you start up), but after downloading and installing nothing further happens. Did I do something wrong? 

I didn't see anything happen, either, but there was no message when I shut down and restarted my computer. If you didn't get the message then we are at the same point, and I hope the problem is solved for the both of us.

Hello!

I tried too, and in the end nothing happened. No Driveguard in app list, and older driver version to me.

Is there any HP Driveguard in your app list? Which is the driver version for you now?

Cheers!

HP Recommended

@Skyfox5 wrote:

@MomPlaysBass wrote:

@Alphen wrote:

I did hope this would solve the problem (very annoying message each time you start up), but after downloading and installing nothing further happens. Did I do something wrong? 

I didn't see anything happen, either, but there was no message when I shut down and restarted my computer. If you didn't get the message then we are at the same point, and I hope the problem is solved for the both of us.

Hello!

I tried too, and in the end nothing happened. No Driveguard in app list, and older driver version to me.

Is there any HP Driveguard in your app list? Which is the driver version for you now?

Cheers!

The version I have is 6.0.22.1. I also did a search of my hard drive for previous versions, but the only one I found is 6.0.22.1. I have no idea what that means, but the message is gone. Maybe they just recompiled it without modification under the Fall Creators umbrella, and that fixed it?

HP Recommended

What went wrong with me is that I unstalled 3d Drive Guard first, because I thought SP82755 would give me a new DriveGuard app.  But what SP82755 does is nothing more (and less) than suppress the message that there's an incomptability. I did look into it and there'it was: echoOFF (even twice).

So it was very simple (on my Pavilion 17-ab000 with the latest Win10 Fall Creators SW):

- uninstall any old HP 3D DriveGuard SW

- install SP81142 (gave me DriveGuard 6.0.41.1). This will still give the incomptabiity warning when rebooting.

- then download SP82755 (can be obtained by clicking see below) and install. The next time you reboot the message will most propably be gone.

Let's hope this means the 3D SW really works 😉 

For downloading SP82755:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05841987

HP Recommended

@Alphen wrote:

What went wrong with me is that I unstalled 3d Drive Guard first, because I thought SP82755 would give me a new DriveGuard app.  But what SP82755 does is nothing more (and less) than suppress the message that there's an incomptability. I did look into it and there'it was: echoOFF (even twice).

So it was very simple (on my Pavilion 17-ab000 with the latest Win10 Fall Creators SW):

- uninstall any old HP 3D DriveGuard SW

- install SP81142 (gave me DriveGuard 6.0.41.1). This will still give the incomptabiity warning when rebooting.

- then download SP82755 (can be obtained by clicking see below) and install. The next time you reboot the message will most propably be gone.

Let's hope this means the 3D SW really works 😉 

For downloading SP82755:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05841987

Oh, that means that to make HP Driveguard work, we have to install that version and then run the new update, to delete the annoying window.

I've noticed too the ECHO OFF command. But do you still find HP Driveguard in the app list?

Cheers!

HP Recommended

Yes I do, the DriveGuard app is in my apps list and I suppose its working allright. It may very well be that there's simply a line of code "somewhere" that the latest Windows 10 SW "didnot like" and resulted in the incomptability error. It may not mean that the 3D Drive Guard is not working. Its goal is to detect a fall or another sudden movement and protect the HDD from damaging. Has really nothing to do with Windows itself. 

HP Recommended

I have Windows version 10  version 1709  OS build 16299.64 - updated November 17

On previous Windows 10 update I had the same problem HP accelerometer - applied patch and it worked now I have followed both patches sp81142 and sp82228 uninstall reinstall and nothing works now

HP Accelerometer

This App can't run on this PC

I am part of Microsoft pre-release test team for Windows 10, I get problems sooner than most.

This is a problem

HP Recommended

Latest 3D Driveguard released to fix the compability problem:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp83501-84000/sp83846.exe

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

I did what was said in # 4 (of 28 at time of this) and then # 24 of 28. Seems to correct the issue. Since then post # 28 came out. maye just soing that will work now.

HP Recommended

Should we uninstall the previous version and then install your proposed sp83846.exe?

Or install the issued core version first, then apply sp83846.exe for patching?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.