Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 14 Laptop PC (28Z15AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

There is no ACHI option in my bios. I have updated my bios to the latest version.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes, I more or less understood the problem afterwards.
But I advise you rather to consult the help at the manufacturer of the SSD
Maybe since a new version can help..

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hi
you have a laptop that must already be in sata ahci mode, it is the ide option that must be missing, and not nothing to do, it is not available for many recent models

HP Pavilion 14-dv0000 Laptop PC - BIOS Simulator

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

So what you’re saying is that this laptop cannot launch into ACHI mode? It definitely isn’t already in ACHI mode.

HP Recommended

Either you have a computer with HDD hard disk, in which case, no choice
either you have an m2 type ssd disk, and it does not use this mode!

Capture d’écran 2022-04-24 110917.png

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

I installed an NVME drive into my laptop. It is the Samsung 980.

HP Recommended

I edited my answer, so look no further @Natyori 

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

So you want me to install the “Intel(R) 300 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller” driver?

HP Recommended

Take the same capture image, and show me what you got
what exactly don't you understand?
I show you here, that if you have an M2 ssd it is in pci
The sata ahci option is for a hdd, you don't have to modify anything normally

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

My main problem is that Samsung Magician won’t detect my SSD due to the lack of ACHI.

HP Recommended

Screenshot 2022-04-24 102633.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.