Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Elitebook 850 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey everyone,

On my hp laptop, I did a clean install of windows 10, and all the hp software that came with it was deleted. Then I noticed that my f6 (volume down), f7 (volume up), and f8 (mute microphone) weren't working. I downloaded the hp hotkey support and it fixed the f6 and f7, but the f8 key still doesn't work. Then I found out about hp quick launch utility, and I want to download it and see if it can fix my problem. But I can't find where to download it. I already checked my drivers and software page, but there's nothing there. Anyone know how to download it? 

My device is 
HP Elitebook 850 g1
Windows 10 64 bit

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

The HP Quick Launch software only works on Windows 7.

You can find it listed under the W7 driver section on your notebook's support page.

I recommend you see if a newer version of the hotkey support software resolves the problem.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp103501-104000/sp103615.exe 

HP Recommended

I tried downloading it, but it didn't work. I also looked in the windows 7 drivers section and it's not there. Can you please give me a link for the download if you can? 

Thanks for your help

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Here is the quick launch utility...I highly doubt it will work.

This package contains the HP Quick Launch Software, which enables special function keys on supported notebook models to be programmed. For example, the HP Quick Launch Software enables users to press the Fn+ESC keys to view system information. This software works with the supported operating systems.

Version:  2.70

Operating systems:   Windows 7 (64-bit)

Release date:  Apr 23, 2012

File name:

(3.9 MB)

HP Recommended

Thanks, I'll try it and see if it works.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.