Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-cs3010TU 8QN78PA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi 

I am using my new laptop and i want to try the keyboard light .When i try all tutorials on the internet and user manual,it still does not work (the seller also told me this laptop have keyboard light)

help me

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Tom219 

It appears the seller did not give you the right information for this model.

This model does not show as having a backlit keyboard:

8QN78PA HP Pavilion - 15-cs3010tu

KeyboardFull-size, natural silver keyboard with numeric keypad

You are correct - if the computer had the backlit keyboard, the operation is pretty easy.

User Guide

Pages 11-12

HP Device Support Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guide, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP Pavilion - 15-cs3010tu 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Tom219 

It appears the seller did not give you the right information for this model.

This model does not show as having a backlit keyboard:

8QN78PA HP Pavilion - 15-cs3010tu

KeyboardFull-size, natural silver keyboard with numeric keypad

You are correct - if the computer had the backlit keyboard, the operation is pretty easy.

User Guide

Pages 11-12

HP Device Support Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guide, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP Pavilion - 15-cs3010tu 

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you for helping me

But can you help me on more thing ?

Not sure why the F5 key do not have any logo or symbol.Is that normal ?

Tom219_0-1636934714696.png

HP Recommended

@Tom219 

You are welcome.

Sometimes the solutions are not the answers we want to give.

The blank key is perfectly normal for a computer that does not include a backlit keyboard.

If you caught this in time, you might be able to return the computer and purchase one you like.

OPINION

On the other hand, the Pavilion Series, at this writing, does not include a backlit keyboard that will stay lit for more than 30 seconds unless you keep pressing keys.  There is no "keep the lights on"  setting in the Pavilions.  That might change, of course, but I'd not "hold my breath" in anticipation.  So, you don't have what you want, but what you could get in this series (at this price point) might not be perfect, either.

Rats.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you for helping me

I wish you have a good day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.