Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

How to wake up envy x360 2 in 1 when flipped over in tablet mode

HP Recommended
Envy x360 2 in 1 ryzen 5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a new Envy x360 2 in 1 laptop . When I flip it over and have it in tablet format and in tablet mode I can't see anyway to wake it up without flipping back and using the finger print sensor on the keyboard ?

Any ideas ?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
27,919 27,873 2,301 3,499
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@unclebuck25 Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support and we appreciate your patience.

That said, Ideally, you should be able to wake it up by pushing the power button, if not, the fingerprint sensor is the only other way of doing this, I hope you understand.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've been having the same issue on the same model. Power button and fingerprint sensor are both non responsive when the laptop is in tablet mode. Have searched up and down through Windows power settings and can't find anything that would change if keyboard will wake up the PC when in sleep mode. Which is strange, as I'm almost positive I remember seeing it on previous versions of Windows 10.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
27,919 27,873 2,301 3,499
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@danthemfman Have you been able to use the other features previously on the same laptop, before the windows 10 was updated? please elaborate.

Also, did you attempt a system restore to an earlier date that it had been working, to check if that helps? if not, please do: click here for steps.

Keep us posted with the results.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Its a brand new laptop so no idea whether os version has been an impact !. I just know when keyboard flipped over in tablet mode keyboard is disabled , only works when back in pc mode

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation