Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

early this week the bios got automatically updated.

After this update, when some video is playing, the fan is suddenly very noisy, making difficult to hear the video itself.

This happens using chrome, internet explorer, video calls over skype  and so on.

Any ideas how to fix the issue?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@gcm69,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that after a recent BIOS update the fan is making a loud noise.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

What is the product number for your computer?

Meanwhile, I recommend you update the graphics driver and the chipset driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your message

The product number is 4CJ13AV.

I will update the drivers as you suggests as soon as possible, and see if this makes any difference.

Best's

Gabriele

HP Recommended

@gcm69,

Thank you for the information.

Update the drivers and check whether the issue is resolved.

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

There are so many drivers, and I have no idea wich one I have to install.

My spectre is almost new (July/August 2019), I don't see chipset drivers published after that date.

Is there an HP tool that can check?

Also, all drivers are associated to a windows version: Windows 10 v1903 or v1803.

My windows is 10.0 build 18362, is this v1803?

HP Recommended

@gcm69

Thank you for posting back. 

Let's try Bios Recovery using a keypress combination:

1. Turn off the computer, and then connect the power cord.
  2. Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time, and then press and hold the Power button for 2 to 3 seconds.
  3. Release the Power button but continue pressing the Windows and B keys. You might hear a series of beeps.

If this recovery method fails, use another working computer to create a BIOS recovery flash drive to install the latest BIOS file.
Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02693833 to know more about Recovering the BIOS (Basic Input Output System)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your instructions.

The problem is solved.

One more question on next bios update: will happens has the previous one, or shall I enforce it somehow?

HP Recommended

@gcm69,

I am positive that the next BIOS update will not have any issues and I recommend you keep an eye on the HP website to regularly check the driver updates for your computer.

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I had the same problem with HP Spectre model number

7PZ50EA

Updating the Nvidia driver and  doing a BIOS recovery shorted out the problem

HP Recommended

I am having the exact same problem with my HP Spectre x360. 

My machine's details are:

HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-df0xxx
UberOAK_0-1580747491612.png

My notebook
Product number: 4WW36UA#ABA Serial number: 5CD9088LKX

I have tried the BIOS key fix as described above, but to no avail. I have also updated the latest BIOS as well, and still have the loud fan problem. Also updated the NVIDIA driver as well.

Thanks,

Geoff
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.