Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
8RR92EA touchscreen hp chromebook

I'm a tech dummy I want to add a memory to hold emails that are on my chromebook onto preferably the usb I've got which is a flash drive sandisk ultra flair I know little inc nothing on using keyboard so it's all touchscreen use I don't know what port to try any help - 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello
according to the information from your computer, you have no choice

just looked at the documents here

User Guide

1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A (Data Transfer Only)

USB SuperSpeed port with HP Sleep and Charge
Connects a USB device, provides high-speed data transfer, and even when the computer is in Sleep mode, charges most products such as a cell phone, camera, activity tracker, or smartwatch.

you have usb 3.0 port, it should match

if it is this type of usb key
https://www.amazon.fr/SanDisk-Ultra-allant-jusqu%C3%A0-150-Mo/dp/B015CH1JIW

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello
according to the information from your computer, you have no choice

just looked at the documents here

User Guide

1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A (Data Transfer Only)

USB SuperSpeed port with HP Sleep and Charge
Connects a USB device, provides high-speed data transfer, and even when the computer is in Sleep mode, charges most products such as a cell phone, camera, activity tracker, or smartwatch.

you have usb 3.0 port, it should match

if it is this type of usb key
https://www.amazon.fr/SanDisk-Ultra-allant-jusqu%C3%A0-150-Mo/dp/B015CH1JIW

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

thank you very much but I'm still not sure where it goes is right left side what port I'm very basic don't wanna try n get it wrong thank you 

HP Recommended

I'm still hoping for a little more guidance please forgive my newbie mistakes if I'm not meant to re write 

HP Recommended

take a good look at the shape of your usb key
there should only be one suitable emplacement # 5 here
if the key you have is of this type

Right side

Figure : Identifying the right-side components

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.