Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop PC 15s-fq2000 (2D120AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I've been experiencing an issue on my laptop where I would get a blue error screen notifying me that something is wrong with my igdkmd64.sys . I researched and found that to fix this issue I would likely have to install a different driver. I searched in HP support for software and drivers for my laptop and one was labeled critical. This driver, named "Intel WLAN driver" version 22.60.0.6 Rev.A is specifically for my OS (Windows 11 version 21H2 (64-bit)) and lists under fix and enhancements that it fixes an issue where a blue screen event would occur,  an issue where an error symbol would display in device manager, and an issue where the system cannot connect to a wireless access point. These are the only three problems I've had with my laptop since I've gotten it so I figured this driver was right for me. The only problem I have is whenever I open the file (sp114211) and follow the instructions to install, it ends with a command screen that shortly closes after start. I know manual updates are an option, but I'm uncertain of which driver to manually update to this one. It should work with my version of windows and solves the only issues I've been having, so any help would be appreciated.

Also, I am aware of this question thread, https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-t-install-Intel-WLAN-Driver-Versi...

but the OS/driver information and results are different and the solutions haven't worked for me.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The file that is causing the BSOD is part of the graphics driver, not the wifi driver.

incompatible driver igdkmd64.sys - Intel Communities

If you want to update the wifi driver, I recommend you install the latest version directly from Intel.

Windows® 10 and Windows 11* Wi-Fi Drivers for Intel® Wireless Adapters

There is only one Intel graphics driver on the support page.

HP Laptop PC 15s-fq2000 (2D120AV) Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

Perhaps it is newer than the one that originally came with your notebook.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick response time. I updated before trying any of the options you listed and noticed an optional updates tab. It had two updates for drivers, one was the same as the one I tried to download from HP and another was an update for the graphics driver. I'll see if my issues persist after downloading these and go from there.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.