Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion G4-2275dx (Upgraded)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have recently brought my old laptop back to life with some hardware upgrades including a new SSD, CPU, and OS key, and I was looking for the most recent BIOS version compatible with my device.There is no "Firmware" category in the device manager or any automatic update option available.

Model: G4-2275dx

Board ID: 1847

Currently installed BIOS: F.15

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook is not supported by HP for Windows 10, which is why there are no W10 drivers listed on the support page.

The latest BIOS update for your notebook can be found under the W8 driver section of the support page.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-g4-Notebook-PC-series/5296078/model/533...

F.2A    Sep 19, 2016

The file was written to be installed when the PC is running W8, so I have no idea what will happen if you run the update on W10.

I don't recommend it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook is not supported by HP for Windows 10, which is why there are no W10 drivers listed on the support page.

The latest BIOS update for your notebook can be found under the W8 driver section of the support page.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-g4-Notebook-PC-series/5296078/model/533...

F.2A    Sep 19, 2016

The file was written to be installed when the PC is running W8, so I have no idea what will happen if you run the update on W10.

I don't recommend it.

HP Recommended

Thank you!

I did it anyways cause I had very little to lose.

Initial update of the BIOS was fine, but I received the occasional blue screen.

After updating windows 10 and stress testing, the system is stable! (and performing much better).

HP Recommended

You're very welcome

Glad that the BIOS update worked, and improved the performance of your notebook.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.