Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP external drive
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought an HP 3.0 external portable drive model px3100 in March 2019 from online HP Store.  Need to reinstall the Simple Save software but cannot locate same on HP site.  Other non-HP sites offer it but not sure it is wise to download from them.  Is Simple Save extinct?  Has it been replace by a Microsoft product with the May 2019 update of Windows 10?  If so, what is that product?  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Iowa_Fleurs HP has discontinued the download link for the software, however, here's what I found on one of our community posts, there's a link you can use to download it from: click here

(The above link is 3rd party and is not owned by HP, I've posted this only so that I may help you resolve this issue by going beyond my support boundaries, please ignore the ads and take only the free suggestions)

Unzip the contents into the HP External Drive, NOT your computer.

The contents contains an autorun.inf file that will allow the software to run when connected if Windows is set to allow programs to auto-run.

If it does not autorun, you can open the external drive and click the exe file yourself.

There is a user manual in a Documentation folder of the zip file also that you can read. Look in page 6.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Iowa_Fleurs HP has discontinued the download link for the software, however, here's what I found on one of our community posts, there's a link you can use to download it from: click here

(The above link is 3rd party and is not owned by HP, I've posted this only so that I may help you resolve this issue by going beyond my support boundaries, please ignore the ads and take only the free suggestions)

Unzip the contents into the HP External Drive, NOT your computer.

The contents contains an autorun.inf file that will allow the software to run when connected if Windows is set to allow programs to auto-run.

If it does not autorun, you can open the external drive and click the exe file yourself.

There is a user manual in a Documentation folder of the zip file also that you can read. Look in page 6.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the information.  It took awhile to decide to download the software from a non-HP site but I did it.  Your directions were perfect and all is good with my external drive.  Again, thanks.  People like you make life sooo much easier.

HP Recommended

@Iowa_Fleurs I'm glad I could do something to help you out, considering there were no HP links available since the device is obsolete,

That said, If you need anything, please feel free to get back to us any time & we'll be happy to help.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.