Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Due to having some issues I've been experiencing with duplicate back-ups on my hard drive, I decided to just format the hard drive and start off on a clean slate.  However, I only see user guides on the support page for this product (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=4023091&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en).  Where can I access/download software?  Also, once I have the software, what do I do with it?  Is it just a matter of unzipping the file contents onto the hard drive?

Thank you in advance!

Kevin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Smash,

I can tell you that this is one thing that HP doesn't make easy for someone to find.

Download link for the SimpleSave Software for your model.

EDIT: this link is no longer available, HP does not provide the download anymore.

Unzip the contents into the HP External Drive, NOT your computer.

The contents contains an autorun.inf file that will allow the software to run when connected if Windows is set to allow programs to autorun.

If it does not autorun, you can open the external drive and click the exe file yourself.

There is a user manual in a Documentation folder of the zip file also that you can read. Look in page 6.

This should do it for ya.

Hope it helps.

View solution in original post

40 REPLIES 40
HP Recommended

Hello Smash,

I can tell you that this is one thing that HP doesn't make easy for someone to find.

Download link for the SimpleSave Software for your model.

EDIT: this link is no longer available, HP does not provide the download anymore.

Unzip the contents into the HP External Drive, NOT your computer.

The contents contains an autorun.inf file that will allow the software to run when connected if Windows is set to allow programs to autorun.

If it does not autorun, you can open the external drive and click the exe file yourself.

There is a user manual in a Documentation folder of the zip file also that you can read. Look in page 6.

This should do it for ya.

Hope it helps.

HP Recommended

have lost or accidentaly deleted the simple save program for my md1000 external harddrive, link already posted in forum on 9-13-2014 does not work

HP Recommended

When I request software download for my HP Simplesave Ext Back-up Hard Drive all I am getting is the run-around from both the Web site and when I phone HP This is no way to run a World-Wide business If any HP Reps read this my EMail address is [edited personal information by Moderator]

HP Recommended

Lowflyingpilot,

Sorry for the late reply, but I can send you the software if you provide me with your email address (or, if you'd rather not provide your email address and have an alternative method of getting this file to you, I can do that).  Let me know.

Keithittimms, I can send the software to you, as well.  Just to confirm, you're looking for the software for the md1000h?

Thanks!

Kevin

HP Recommended

many thanks guys, Issue solved by downloading software from HP web site

HP Recommended

I would appreciate being able to down load the software for my Simplesave my EMail address is kitt.timms@adam.com.au thanks in advance K Timms

HP Recommended

Kiethittimms, sent you a private message.

IF you dont know how to get messages, check out the link below.

How to read private messages.

HP Recommended

Hi, could you send me that too? I will PM you my email address. Thank you in advance!

HP Recommended

Hi there,

I am also searching for the SimpleSave software. I have the HP SimpleSave 2TB (md2000h) and following bad sectors, I needed to format and zero fill the drive to correct the issue.

Although I copied the Simplesave files and placed them back on the hard drive, the SimpleSave software wont launch. Perhaps I missed some files needed for the program.

Can you also help me obtain a copy of the software?

Thank you,

HopscotchBlue.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.