Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi @Paul_Tikkanen .

How are you! Hope all is well.

I wonder if I can ask you for some help.

We're regularly looking at the top searches & referrers in Google Search Analytics and notice the nr1 search keyword is 

acpi\ven_hpq&dev_0004

The nr.1 topic referred to for this keyword is the following

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/ACPI-VEN-HPQ-amp-DEV-0004-For-W...

I have stripped this topic of 2 Russian (?) comments and a post with an invalid/page not found link to clean it up and I wonder if you could review this topic and see if the solution is still accurate.

I really like how you outlined the different version needed depending on the system/OS here

Perhaps, knowing there is a lot of traffic directed to topic, there is an opportunity to educate more customers around this error? If you could edit/reply and add more context that would be really good or if you have any other ideas? :Wink:

And, a shout out to all of our great Experts. If anyone feels like some TKB Article writing. :generic:

These "acpi" keywords are all in the top 10 most searched keyword list. With a TKB Article in place we can promote the TKB in the top topics linked to these keywords.

acpi\ven_hpq&dev_0004
acpi\ven_hpq&dev_6001
acpi\hpq0004
acpi\ven_asd&dev_0001
acpi\ven_hpq&dev_6000

Thanks everyone! Have a great day.

Wendy

I work for HP, supporting HP experts and trying to help this community as much as I can.
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi, Wendy:

I'm doing fine, and I hope you are too.

For the acpi\ven_hpq&dev_0004 device, sp64144 supports the following operating systems...Vista through W10 32 or 64 bit.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64001-64500/sp64144.exe

For the acpi\ven_hpq&dev_6001, that is the HP wireless button driver, and the driver for that varies with the operating system.   You only need the driver when W8 or newer is installed.

This driver can be found on almost every notebook's support page that came with W8 or newer, under the Keyboard, Mouse and Input Device drivers section.

acpi\hpq0004:  sp64144 supports the following operating systems...Vista through W10 32 or 64 bit.  It is the same device as the first one.

acpi\ven_asd&dev_0001  HP does not supply this driver, and I have to attach various versions of it for forum members needing it based on the operating system installed.  You have to pull these drivers out of the larger AMD chipset driver package from the AMD website, and you have to select the right chipset file because there are a few.

Why not just include the link to the chipset driver?  Because it usually doesn't install this device, so you have to manually install it anyway.

I have zipped up and attached the drivers below, for this device by operating system, which have to be manually installed as

follows...

Download and unzip the file to its folder.  Do not do anything with the files in the folder.

Go to the device manager, click on the ASD device needing the driver.  Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software uption and browse to the unzipped driver folder.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked, and the driver should install.

acpi\ven_hpq&dev_6000:  That is the HP 3D driveguard device for HP business notebooks with the Intel 3rd generation core processors, and Intel series 7 mobile chipsets.  Examples include the Elitebook 8x70p/w, Probook 6x70b & Probook 4x40s.

The driver on the support page does not work for W10. It used to, but on the latest 3 W10 builds, it no longer works.

It can be found under the Storage drivers section on the above notebook model's suppport pages.

HP Recommended

Thanks so much @Paul_Tikkanen for educating me on the topic. I will definately dig into this a little deeper.

I hope this was helpful to others as well, it is always good to share knowledge.

You know I am not really technical. I used to be an L3 AIO Support Engineer but that's way back. Technology has become much more complex since then. I mean, who still uses DIR>LPT1 :TongueOut:

I remember supporting one of the first bi-directional printers from HP (Anyone remembers that one?)

So, all in all, I am a moderate user these days, I do have some affinity with technology but technically skilled like you and other HP folks here, I am not. Thanks again!

Paul, would be great to share some of this context in the one post that is getting a lot of traffic. I think many customers in search for help land on this and for those like me, the explaination is very helpful on how/where to find this software. 

(The majority of community users are those who browse and look vs the ones that register & post)

Thanks again!:generic: 

(Can I call you, Paul :BLueCrown: of ACPI)
Wendy

I work for HP, supporting HP experts and trying to help this community as much as I can.
HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Wendy.

I have a finance and human resources background.  I took one course in computer science in college.

I have learned a good deal about hardware drivers (and other PC things), from other experts on this forum.

Now, I just try to help others where I can.

Love my new moniker!  Thanks!

Cheers,

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.