Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I purchased Pavillion 7 months ago including the extended warranty. Followed the direction to register the warranty when it came. A little over a month ago Support Assistant gave a message that Battery wasn't calibrating. Contacted HP Support and did all the fixes the Tech gave me sill not fixed so tech said I would need to send it in for Battery replacement and then tried to sell me an extended warrenty so that it would be fixed faster. I explained to Tech that I had already purchased the extended warranty and anyway the battery replacement should still be under the factory warranty. The tech said he didn't show that I had the extended warranty. While he was connected to my computer I was able to show him that I did have it with my documentation so he said that he would expedite the repair since he saw the documentation and that the computer would get overnight shipping to and from the repair facility and fix would be 2 to 3 days tops. It was just under 3 weeks before I got my computer back. Opened box paperwork sent back said Battery was replaced and extensive testing was done. I started the computer and the HP assistant showed that the battery still needed calibration. I again followed the HP online instructions to calibrate the battery. Still, wouldn't so contact HP support once again. Tech was able to verify that the Battery had NOT been replaced and that I would need to send it back in. Sent it in once again. A little over a week later I got it back opened box paperwork said they replaced the battery and memory. I inspected the computer and on the left side, a piece of the computer was broken off by one of the USB ports. I spoke to HP explained what happened and was told I would need ot send it back for repair. Told HP "manager" I couldn't send it right back again and that I wanted a replacement. He said he would try to and from all the issues I had had and now that the repair tech broke a piece of the computer while repairing it he would work it out and to send him pics of the damage and he would contact me back right away. Sent pics waited a few days didn't hear from HP so sent an email to the HP rep I was working with. He still didn't reply so the next day tried calling him. I got his voice mail but it said it was full and disconnected me. I tried calling back two more times and HP would say the mailbox was full and automatically disconnect me. Called back and asked for an operator. operator transferred me directly to the agent handling my case ( Antonio). He promised me he wasn't ignoring me but sure felt like it. He said he didn't git my pictures and to send them again. I sent them and he sure got them when I instead he stays on the phone until he checked his email. He got the pictures that showed the exact damage I had explained to him a week before and he said he would only give me a $75 credit to the HP website. He claimed that I had told him it was different damage when we spoke on the phone the week before. So now HP is calling me a liar and changing what they told me?. But HP is the one that gave me a defective part, doesn't want to honor the extended warranty I purchased, said they replaced the battery with a new one when their own tech confirmed they didn't, has had my computer in their warehouse for approximately a month when they said it would just be a few days....  HP PLEASE make right..... I have been a faithful HP consumer for many years this is my 6th HP (many HP Printers) but as it stands this was my LAST HP!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Brown12345
Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

I received a message asking me to respond to a private message wherein I was told by HP that they would look into my case. I followed directions from HP (ONCE AGAIN) and still haven't received a response back.

HP Recommended

( I just received a message from an HP Employee in a private message that I would like to share with the community to highlight the issues that HP has been causing. He sent me a private message asking for my case number and other details which I provided in the private message. Please note his response, including getting my name wrong, and my response back to him (HP). It looks like he didn't even read my info or looked up the Case number I left in the private message. HP WHAT IS GOING ON?!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE look into this and help. You had my computer in the shop back to back for a month due to not actually doing the repair you said you did the first time in the shop ( HP tech verified repair actually wasn't done). After sending it back to me for a second time there is now physical damage to the computer due to the Tech opening my computer up.

From HP on 3-22-21

Hello Tob, 

Yes, a repair does seem like the best option if you are facing issues with the battery. Of course, you can contact your local support team directly if you prefer. For the most convenient way to make contact:

To see all possible support options, including chat support: https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

-OR-

HP USA/Canada Phone Support: 1-800-HP-INVENT 

Best regards,

StephanSoMe

-HP Social Media Support 

I am an HP Employee

My reply to HP on 3-22-21

Hello Stephan,

I'm sorry if I come across as a bit irritated, but may I ask if you actually read my email or looked up my case number, I notice you even got my name wrong in your reply?

I have already had my computer into the HP repair center back-to-back for the battery issue. The first time they said they repaired it and sent it back to me. Immediately upon receiving it back from hp (3 weeks after sending it in) I  got the same error message so contacted hp support once again, they ran a test and said even though the repair shop said they changed out the battery it was showing that they actually didn't and I had to send my computer immediately back to have the battery replaced. Upon getting my computer back from HP for a second time (This time in the HP Shop for a week) there was now physical damage to my computer from the HP tech opening up my laptop. I spoke to HP and was told need to send it back immediately to have this damage repaired. My computer had already been in the HP shop for a total of a month I couldn't send it back I requested a replacement and was told that due to all my issues that the HP rep believed he could get it replaced. I followed his directions but didn’t hear back from him for almost a week. After finally tracking him down he changed his story and insinuated I was a liar and offered me a $75 coupon on the HP website for my troubles ( I still have the damage to my computer that the tech caused).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.