Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop PC 15-eg1000 (43F51AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

My new HP Pavilion will not detect my monitors, how do I fix this?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi@Gina48,

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I'd like to help!

I see you are experiencing issues with the HP Pavilion Laptop PC will not detect monitors.

I have a few recommendations 

• Update your Notebook computer to the latest BIOS from HP.COM.
  • Make sure the Windows and HP support assistant updates are up to date. 
  • Try with alternate cables and different ports.
  • Try doing Reset PC Keep my files from windows and check if it works.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I tried all of those things.  After 8 hours of troubleshooting, I found that the HP docking station I have is not compatible with the new laptop.  HP was not able to direct me to a compatible docking station and had to research and find one on my own.

HP Recommended

Hi@Gina48,

Thank you for responding, I appreciate your time and effort.

You can look for the compatible docking station for this model from HP Store online.

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.