Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

About 3-4 Hrs ago, I have boughten the HP 11.6" Stream Notebook. I turned it on and let it load + Upgrade to the latest version of Winodws 10. I had no though that it would of taken up all the space. I was about to transfer some pictures to the Picture folder, when suddenly, it said I am running out of space. I was in disbelief! How can it less than 3 hrs, I run out of space! Can someone please help me? Any advice on how can I have more space. I honestly didnt even transfer any pictures of music or absolutely any files. How can I have more space? Is there a way to add more space? I'm in disbelief...anyone please let me know what I can do. I have unistalled some apps I don't really use. Any more advice? Tips please!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

scratchorror

Unfortunately, the Streamonly has a single 32GB SSD -- and as you have found out, that fills quickly when Windows 10 does any updates.

Here is some information on a command you can use that will clean up some of the Windows Update files:  http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-clean-up-winsxs-folder-in-windows-10/

Did you just do Windows Updates, or did you Upgrade the Stream from Win8x to Win10?

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

scratchorror

Unfortunately, the Streamonly has a single 32GB SSD -- and as you have found out, that fills quickly when Windows 10 does any updates.

Here is some information on a command you can use that will clean up some of the Windows Update files:  http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-clean-up-winsxs-folder-in-windows-10/

Did you just do Windows Updates, or did you Upgrade the Stream from Win8x to Win10?

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your help! I pretty much did the Windows Update. I honestly didn't think it would fill up the memory so fast. I was and still am in disbelief. But everything is quite working now. Thank you. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.