Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello,

My only question here is, what's the SIM card slot in my laptop for? My laptop is an HP Elitebook 6930p and it has Windows 7 32-bit. I used the SIM card that's in my phone, but that didn't do anything. Do I need any new drivers?  Or do I need to purchase something in order for my SIM card to work? 

Thanks in advance for any answers. :generic:

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

The SIM card from a phone probably wouldn't work in the SIM slot. The SIM slot is for WWAN (mobile broadband) such as you used to see for USB 3G modems. Phones are typically provisioned differently with different options on the provider side which could prevent a phone SIM card from working properly in the SIM slot.

The following document discussing the WWAN function of the notebook. You will need to contact a provider and activate the service to get a SIM card for it.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?prodSeriesId=3688868&objectID=c0108652...

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

thank u to tell us the differance between mobile sim and 3G sim..  i think that my laptop can support my mobile sim and i can use the internet where i want . but  thats  not possible.  

HP Recommended

My only question here is, what's the SIM card slot in my laptop for? My laptop is an HP Compaq 6910p and it has Windows 7 64-bit. I used the SIM card that's in my phone, but that didn't do anything. Do I need any new drivers?  Or do I need to purchase something in order for my SIM card to work? 

Thanks in advance for any answers. :smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

Hello,

My only question here is, what's the SIM card slot in my laptop for? My laptop is an HP Elitebook 6930p and it has Windows 7 32-bit. I used the SIM card that's in my phone, but that didn't do anything. Do I need any new drivers?  Or do I need to purchase something in order for my SIM card to work? 

HP Recommended

My only question here is, what's the SIM card slot in my laptop for? My laptop is an HP Elitebook 6930p and it has Windows 7 32-bit. I used the SIM card that's in my phone, but that didn't do anything. Do I need any new drivers? Or do I need to purchase something in order for my SIM card to work?

HP Recommended

Sat 26 Apr

Hello,

Thanks in advance for any answers. 

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks in advance for any answers.

HP Recommended

i am zohaib khan

HP Recommended

i am zohaib khan.i want sim card and fiths sannan program

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.