Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Laptop-179SD02G
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to set up my new laptop and it popped up the message that I needed Administrator privileges and that I should right click on HpHwDiag and run as administrator.  I can't find that executable file anywhere.   Can anyone help me?

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

@AnnieCTX Perhaps, you could share a screenshot to understand why you are being asked to click on it as such, meanwhile, here's the link to download the HP Hardware diagnostics application: Click here under Installing HP PC Hardware Diagnostics.

Also, the product number you've mentioned isn't helping much, here's what I need:

Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've got the same problem!

I'm on this HP page: https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c04700771

My objective is to test my battery. I purchased a replacement battery from a supplier, and it's not working properly. I was digging around online and learned that I can test the battery if I download HP PC Diagnostics. This seems like a good idea.

I downloaded and installed HP PC Diagnostics, but I need to run it as an administrator. In order to set my self up as administrator I am told that I need to right-click on HpHwdiag, as though this is a simple task! I've searched everywhere; it's nowhere to be found.

Please help.

HP Recommended

FWIW, in case this helps, here's my notebook information:

Product name:HP Pavilion Notebook
Product number:N5R45UA#ABL
BIOS:F.52-09/03/2015
Keyboard revision:89.25
Total memory:16.00 GB
Processor name:Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz

HP Recommended

I had the same thing on my Omen 17 after in stalling HpHwDiag I found the app Hp PC  Hardware Diagnostics in the Start menu, left click run as Admin and was good to go . Also in my laptop the file location was  C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HpHwDiag, I hope this assists someone 

clipboard_image_0.png

HP Recommended

yeah... right click works

HP Recommended

Press start, scroll down to HP Hardware Diagnostics, then right click, press more and an option will be provided stating Run as device administrator, press and you're finished

HP Recommended

Thanks! This worked. 

HP Recommended

You're welcome, timing is everything because I had just previously ran into the same situation. Enjoy your new laptop!

HP Recommended

Okay thanks to this thread I found where to right click.

Now we just have to make that work!

Still get the right click message.

Is there anyway to see if the app is on this computer?

Thanks fellow sufferers

Ps does it need the internet to work?

It started to work I think. Yes it is working v e r y   s l o w l y. Doing a dead pixel test!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.