Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have this exact same problem and it's driving me nuts! It only started doing this a few weeks ago. And yes before you ask, I have double made sure that I haven't missed any messages or downloads in the Support Assistant app. And on the 'My Dashboard' webpage (which for some reason will only load up on Firefox), just like the original poster, it say's I have 3 important messages. But when I click on any of them, it just shows me a broken link and the messages themselves cannot be deleted.

I have re-installed Support Assistant, uninstalled and then re-installed again and it still shows an icon indicating I have one important message somewhere within the app and still have three on My Dashboard via the site.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Dr-Soong0101,

Thank you for posting this on HP Support Forums!

I see from your post that you're having issues related to HP Support Assistant. No worries, I'll be glad to assist you.

As you have mentioned in your post that you have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling HP support Assistant and still having the issue.

In this scenario, I would suggest here is to go through this support document and click on the 2nd hyper link - Change update schedule and notifications settings

Here, please select the option to disable notification.

I hope this information helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help you.

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

What support document?

HP Recommended

@Dr-Soong0101,

I'm glad you pointed out as I might have missed on sending the link.

Don't worry here's the link: HP PCs - Using HP Support Assistant (Windows)

Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂
Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've just tried what you recommended and it doesn't change anything. And even if it did, that's just a 'fudge' and not an actual solution. The app is saying I have an unread notification just like the original poster shows in his picture. I have checked the app thoroughly, and I have no unread messages and all updates have been downloaded. 

As a HP employee don't you think it's a bit of a coincidence that myself and the original poster have the exact same problem at exactly the same time? Hiding the notification (if it did in fact work) isn't a solution. 

HP Recommended

I have re-installed Support Assistant, uninstalled and then re-installed again and it still shows an icon indicating I have one important message somewhere within the app and still have three on My Dashboard via the site.

I reinstalled HPSA the previous time. I was hesitating to do it again because it is very time consuming and doesn't fix anything.

Shane.

HP Recommended

Just out of curiosity, why has my post been edited by a mod? There was no swearing of any kind in it. And more importantly, what happened to the original post from the guy who had the same problem? He even attached pictures as proof.

Very odd...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.