Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 15.6 inch 2-in-1 Laptop PC 15-es1000 (446V9AV)

Hi.

I ordered this laptop a couple of days ago, and I've been noticing that the battery life drains very quickly. I find that simply browsing the internet with Chrome (hardware acceleration off), no other programs open, battery saver mode on, and screen brightness turned down only nets me about 4 hours of use on a full charge. Considering the fact that the HP website for this product says that this laptop should be able to last a lot longer on a single charge, you can imagine why I don't think this is acceptable battery life. I have already seen a number of posts on this forum from people who have had the same issue, and have found no improvements in battery life with the solutions suggested. I've tried everything to improve the battery life and will be returning this laptop if the battery life does not improve soon.

I would very much appreciate any help that anyone is able to give.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Okay then at this point you can request a refund then. No problem there.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Before you return the laptop use the tips in this link

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/ish_4034543-1660469-16

Apparently, HP is aware of this issue and though some sites say that your laptop battery should last for at least 20hours, some factory problems are prevalent on most of their products.

Follow the steps in the link before returning it.

Keep me updated.

HP Recommended

Hi.

Thank you very much for the info, I will try the steps listed in this link.

HP Recommended

Okay awesome

HP Recommended

Update:

I have tried updating the BIOS using HP Image Assistant, but my product is not listed in the available products list when I try and choose my product. I have also tried enabling ship mode, but my BIOS does not have an 'Advanced' tab.

HP Recommended

Try to see if you can get the bios updated using the drivers from the main website of your model

This is the link.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-x360-15.6-inch-2-in-1-laptop-pc-15-es1000/2...

Search for bios and you should be good to go.

HP Recommended

I've used the link to update the BIOS successfully, but my BIOS still has no 'Advanced' tab. I'll see how the battery life is over the next couple of days and keep you updated.

HP Recommended

Okay no problem

HP Recommended

Hi. Back with an update:

I've been using the laptop again today and have still not found any improvements to the battery life. In fact, I've noticed that the battery life seems to be going down even quicker over the past couple of days. I don't know anything else I can try, I already run only one program with the screen brightness never above 80% and battery saver enabled. This is really disappointing from HP, I at least expected the laptop I paid over £1000 for to last more than 3-4 hours. Considering requesting a refund.

HP Recommended

Before you request a refund, something is telling me that the battery may be faulty. The laptop is new so I expect the battery to be fine but there are always factory errors once in a while. Consider getting a replacement battery instead of returning the laptop and see if it works.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.