Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 14-bf050wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a battery issue with my HP Pavilion - 14-bf050wm starting in November as battery was not charging and needed to be replaced.

20201120_141855.jpg

I tried to contact HP support for claiming warranty but HP website was showing my warranty expired in 2018 which was wrong since i bought the laptop in 2019 and i disputed the warranty send in my invoice proof. 

At first the support told me my warranty dates are right which was bizarre as the it shows start date in 2017 where the laptop itself was available for sell in 2018.

After providing them the above details there was no response and finally i got call on 21 December 2020 by case manger informing me that my warranty date has been finally corrected as per invoice. 

Now my real warranty is supposed to be expired on very same day 21 December 2020, now i tried to contact support again for my battery issue and they told me my warranty is already expired a day before.

HP support took more than a month to correct my warranty date and now not helping me this is worst support .

[personal info removed]

I have all the email correspondence. 

if anyone can help me what to do next? 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Call them back and ask, "who is your agent for service" in your state.  That is where they will get served for lawsuits.  I did that with Sony and it worked great.  If they don't respond, you can get the information for your state's Secretary of State.  Then sue them in small claims. 

HP Recommended

It an international purchase so i dont have such option. 😕 

HP Recommended

Does your country have an something equivalent to US Small Claims Court.  Parties represent themselves without lawyers.  Corporations usually have to hire a lawyer.  It costs them more money just to defend, and even more if they lose.  If HP does business in your country, I would think they can be sued there.

HP Recommended

Ya we do have consumer court  here in India but i was thinking i should first take this matter on social media to see if they help as going to court for such a small warranty claim would take a lot of time and efforts. I am hoping this would do it.

HP Recommended

@abhinav54m

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i have replied to your message 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.