Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I accidentally deleted bluetooth driver from device manager.

I downloaded HP Support assistant in order to download bluetooth driver for my computer. But when I tried to install the driver it failed.

please help!

thank you

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

What model wifi adapter does your notebook come with?

If you don't know, go to the device manager, click to expand the Network Adapters device manager category, and there you will find the name and model number of the wireless network adapter.

You have to install the same model bluetooth driver as the model wifi adapter your notebook has.

Also note, that unless you have previously used bluetooth on your notebook before, some model wifi adapters are not combination wifi/bluetooth adapters. 

Not all HP notebooks come with built in bluetooth networking.

HP Recommended

Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter

Is this the model number?

And how do i find the bluetooth adapter?

And also I have used bluetooth on my device previously.

This is what happened :-

When I used bluetooth on my device it didn't worked properly so I downloaded the same bluetooth adapter.

Then it worked fine.

But after some days I faced that problem again. So I deleted bluetooth adapter from device manager and then scanned for hardware changes but it didn't appear again (as I saw in a youtube video).

So I tried system restore.

My bluetooth adapter was restored but still it did not connect to the bluetooth device.

So I downloaded the same bluetooth adapter again.

But it did'nt solved my problem.

Then I downloaded HP Support Assistant to install the bluetooth (it downloaded the bluetooth adapter but failed to install it).

This was the whole story.

HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, that wifi adapter is a combination wifi/bluetooth adapter.

The only suggestion I can offer, would be to install the latest W8.1 BT driver for that model wifi card, and hope it works.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp79501-80000/sp79675.exe

HP Recommended

It installed successfully but still, I can't see Bluetooth settings in pc settings.

I went to services.msc and there it showed Bluetooth handsfree service but there is no Bluetooth settings in pc settings.

HP Recommended

Was this ever resolved? I did a system refresh and poof, no Bluetooth anywhere.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.